Quinta do Tedo
This award-winning wine tourism bed & breakfast has an outdoor swimming pool and is inserted in an ecological reserve, set at the convergence of the Douro and Tedo rivers. Tours of the Quinta do Tedo and wine and olive oil tastings are provided.The 5 air-conditioned rooms boast views of the river and feature a fan, a mini-bar, a flat-screen satellite TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. In the swimming pool area, guests will find a terrace with views.A continental breakfast is included and served each morning at the property between 8:30 and 10:30. Quinta do Tedo also offers a restaurant that opens between 12:30 pm until 18 pm and from 19 pm until 22 pm, where guests can enjoy a meal and taste local wines all year round.Guests of the Tedo can relax and enjoy a swim in the outdoor swimming pool, which has views over the valley and the Tedo river. Free bicycles are provided, for guests wishing to tour the region in a leisurely fashion. An array of activities can be enjoyed in the surroundings, including hiking, canoeing and bird watching. The property provides canoes and binoculars for free.Vila Real is 27 mi from the unit. Viseu is 50 mi away. Porto International Airport is a 95-minute drive from the Quinta do Tedo.
- Beautiful views and location. We enjoyed being able to use the kayaks during the day and relax by the pool before dinner. Friendly puppies, a nice tour and tasting and a great conversation with the owner were all huge pluses. Definitely some of the best Port and red wine we tasted throughout our ten days in Portugal.
- Everything, from location, room, facilities, to management. And a great price to boot.
- Friendly staff! Small and cozy BB merging Portuguese hospitaliy with French sofistication. Our very young tour guide was very knowledgeable and her passion for the winery was contagious and the wine degustation was great far above our expectations. But, better still was the veal with pumpkin pure serve at dinner and apple crumble desert outwordly experience! Looking for a romantic weekend? This is it!
- The quinta is in a very beautiful location. The whole decor was nicely done and the room was quite big and spacious with very comfortable beds.The breakfast was simple but delicious….they even offered us a free wine tour with wine tasting which was amazing.
- location superb, breakfast great, staff very helpful, wine tour and tasting very informative, walks around the area beautiful!
casa das ameias
Featuring a garden, an outdoor pool and garden views, casa das ameias is located in Folgosa. The air-conditioned accommodations is 23 mi from Mondim de Basto.The holiday home is equipped with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchenette, and a patio with river views.The holiday home offers a terrace.Vila Real is 11 mi from casa das ameias, while Amarante is 22 mi away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 52 mi from the accommodations.
- Gostei de tudo em geral,Fomos muito bem recebidos, a casa linda, super limpa, uma paisagem de faltar a respirao, e uma excelente qualidade.Recomendo.
- Casa espetacular con vistas incrveis. Foi tudo excelente!
- Excelente, todos os pormenores foram agradveis! Localizao, vistas incrveis de todas as divises, excelentes comodidades e uma hospitalidade imensa pela parte dos donos. Com certeza a repetir perfeito para relaxar!
- Casa extremamente bem decorada, com um enquadramento e vista soberba sobre o Rio Douro. Acordar com o Douro a tocar nos ps…
- Casa com umas vista fantstica e com excelentes comodidades.Sem dvida que surpreendeu pela positiva.
Tomás Barqueiro features air-conditioned accommodations in Folgosa. There is a terrace and guests can make use of free WiFi and free private parking.The rooms at the guest house are fitted with a seating area. At Tomás Barqueiro rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, and a balcony with a river view.Speaking Portuguese, English, French and Spanish at the 24-hour front desk, staff are always on hand to help.Vila Real is 24 mi from the accommodations, while Amarante is 30 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 68 mi from Tomás Barqueiro.
- Awesome place with very friendly owner. Higly recommended.
- Beautiful property! Most amazing views! And delicious breakfast in the morning!
- The owner was not able to be there when we arrived but his relative was very generous, welcoming us with a glass of port and providing us with contact info should there be a problem. When the hot water didnt work the next morning, the owner was very responsive and the problem was fixed immediately. The views are amazing. We would return if were ever able to come back to the Douro Valley.
- The view from the balcony was beautiful. It was the perfect place to stay after a long day driving. As soon as we sat on the balcony and enjoyed our wine from an earlier wine tasting just 5 km up the toad, relaxation was immediate and the view awesome. The delicious breakfast the next morning ensured a good start for the day. And we met new friends at the breakfast table and we shared our experiences from our journeys. Highly recommend.
- The balcony with amazing views Comfortable bed Breakfast
Quinta Da Azenha
This 16th-century farmhouse offers panoramic views across the Douro River. The owners provide a more personal service, including welcome drinks of homemade port and organizing sit-down dinners with other guests.Antique furnishings feature in every room at Quinta Da Azenha. Each of the air-conditioned guest rooms has a private private bathroom.Breakfast is served in the farmhouse’s kitchen, which has a traditional firewood oven and fireplace. A long dining table lets all guests sit together and talk of their travels while enjoying traditional homemade Portuguese meals.Guests can try some 90-year old port in the farm’s cellar or play a game of billiards in the entertainment room. It is also possible to relax in the living room and watch some TV.Quinta Da Azenha is located 9.3 mi from Régua and a 20-minute drive from Francisco de Sá Carneiro Airport. Free on-site parking is provided.
- Amazing breakfast. breathtaking view with a chilled atmosphere
- Our host was delightful. His port is delicious. The breakfast very nice. The rooms are small, but have all your needs covered. The public rooms are very comfortable. The DOC restaurant is fine, but pretentious and expensive for what you get. Not worthy of a Michelin Star in our minds. The local fare can be as well prepared and delicious, but likely more fun and far less expensive to experience the local restaurants.
- This house is a gem and and its owners are extremely welcoming. Make sure Damiao shows you the port wine cellar its educational plus you might get a complimentary glass of excellent vintage port. We bought several bottles it was such good value. Previous reviewers had all commented on the fantastic breakfast and we were not disappointed. You have to share the breakfast table with the other guests but its a great way of striking up conversations with interesting people.
- excellent hosts, great breakfast, friendly, despite the language barrier.
- One of the highlights of our trip was staying at this centuriesold working farm in the heart of the Douro. Our host was lovely, and the views and ambiance at the property were without parallel. Great breakfast in the morning, which featured cut persimmons from the hosts garden.
Casa da Estrogada
Located in Folgosa in the Região Norte region, Casa da Estrogada has a terrace and mountain views. The accommodation is 14 miles from Lamego, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.The vacation home comes with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a flat-screen TV, a dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony with river views.A grill is available on site and both hiking and fishing can be enjoyed within close proximity of the vacation home.Vila Real is 23 miles from Casa da Estrogada, while Amarante is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 67 miles from the accommodation.
No reviews yet.
Casa da Padaria
Boasting accommodations with a private pool, pool view and a patio, Casa da Padaria is set in Folgosa. The air-conditioned accommodations is 14 mi from Lamego.The holiday home has 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.The reception at the holiday home can provide tips on the area.Casa da Padaria offers a sun terrace. Guests can swim in the outdoor swimming pool, go hiking, or relax in the garden and use the barbecue facilities.Vila Real is 23 mi from the accommodations, while Amarante is 30 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 68 mi from Casa da Padaria.
- Casa muito bem restaurada, decorao com bom gosto, a zona exterior fantstica e a vista maravilhosa!!!
- O espao exterior super agradvel. A casa est muito bem decorada e equipada com tudo o que necessrio para uma semana de frias fantstica. tima localizao, perto da Rgua e ainda assim no sossego da aldeia.
- Adorei tudo, espao super confortvel, rea exterior fantstico, e apesar da casa no ter estacionamento h o parque da junta muito prximo, fcil e seguro.
- A casa da pasaria ainda mais bonita ao vivo. Muito espaosa, e ideal para um grupo de amigos. Estava tudo muito limpo e muito bem equipada para passar l uns bons dias. A piscina e os espao exterior tm uma vista linda sobre o Douro e com tudo que preciso para desfrutar de um bom dia ao sol. Gostamos tanto da nossa estadia que sem dvida voltvaamos a marcar novamente. Agradecemos tambm ao Senhorio que foi super simptico e muito prestvel.
- Muito confortvel como se tivssemos em nossa casa..
Hotel Folgosa Douro
This hotel is located in the village of Folgosa and features stunning views of the Douro River. There is an on-site restaurant serving regional dishes and a riverside terrace.The modern rooms at the Folgosa Douro are decorated in the colors of the region to complement the rural surroundings. They include air conditioning, satellite TV and a private bathroom with bathtub and shower.Guests can awake to the sound of singing birds and enjoy breakfast in the hotel’s winter garden or on the terrace.Folgosa Douro’s staff can help guests with car rentals or arrange transportation to the airport.The Gouvinhas Train Station is located an 8-minute drive away from Hotel Folgosa Douro. Vila Real is a 40-minute drive away.
- The room was very comfortable with great river view! Breakfast was awesome. Parking was very easy.
- Loved the bottle of Port complementary in our room! The location of this hotel is ideal for wine and port tasting right on the Douro.There is a Michelin restaurant across the street and a small traditional restaurant within walking distance. The beds were very comfortable.
- Its the best place to stay on the douro river. The river view from the windows. You can sit near the river. Very clean and comfortable. We enjoed our stay.
- the view, the cleanliness, the location, and the little cafe 5 min from the hotel! Charming place and really nice staff.
- Nice location and we got a free winery tour. We came to go to DOC restaurant and it was next door.
Quinta da Travessa
Located in Covelinhas in the Norte Region, 9.9 mi from Vila Real, Quinta da Travessa features a sun terrace and views of the mountain. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the lake or river. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a bath or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Quinta da Travessa features free WiFi .You can play darts at this guest house, and the area is popular for fishing. Amarante is 22 mi from Quinta da Travessa, while Mondim de Basto is 22 mi away. The nearest airport is Porto Airport, 52 mi from the property.
- It really felt like being received at the house of friends. Cristina and Nuno are great hosts, making people feel at home, and creating a very pleasant atmosphere.We also had diner there, cooked by Cristina. It was delicious, consisting of 3 courses, plus of course a glass of Port wine Very good breakfast, including home made jams, various cheeses and fresh fruit.A place to always come back to, and that I do not hesitate to recommend !
- My fianc and I had an amazing stay at Cristina Nunos place. If you are looking for a BB experience that is family run and goes above beyond to make your stay exceptional this is the place! Cristina offered us dinner during our stay and they were the most amazing meals we had in our whole vacation through Portugal. They are extremely welcoming even accommodated an earlier breakfast for us the day we had to leave. They offered suggestions to nearby sights and made sure we had everything we needed. We can not wait to return one day.
- Location is off the beaten track. Hosts are charming and attentive. Definitely recommend having the homemade dinner. We very much enjoyed our all too brief stay.
- A must stay when you are in the Douro Valley. Wonderful food and people who treat you like friends. We had great experience.
- Charming traditional Portuguese house with fabulous views! The hosts, Christina and Nuno make staying there unforgettable and very special. Christina is a superb chef and Nino is a perfect host. Three course home cooked dinner made from locally sourced products was amazing! It was a great experience to dine with other guests from different countries.Highly recommend to stay at this amazing place!
Quinta Da Marka
Located in Covas do Douro, 11 miles from Pinhão, Quinta Da Marka has a restaurant and free WiFi.There’s a private bathroom with bidet and a hairdryer in each unit, along with free toiletries.A continental breakfast is available each morning at the farm stay.Quinta Da Marka has a terrace.Guests can swim in the outdoor swimming pool, go hiking or relax in the garden.Vila Real is 20 miles from the accommodation, while Peso da Régua is 27 miles from the property.
- Lovely house and surroundings, wonderful staff very accommodating, impeccably clean.The view is stunning.
- Great property only 7 rooms close to train.Loved the views and how quiet and peaceful the property was. Excellent value, photos dont do the property justices. Staff was informative and friendly. Great food and excellent wine for value.
- Beautiful location wonderful views. Exceptional personal attention from hostess. Use of lovely living and outdoor areas. Pool in summer would be terrific.
- Beautiful location with a wonderful view of the Duoro valley. The staff were extraordinarily friendly and welcoming. The buffet breakfast was served on a piazza overlooking the Duoro valley and was excellent. This place has my highest recommendation.
- The location was great! Great views over the Douro River. Close to the train station for a short ride to town. The staff was superb! Great tips on what to see and do in the local area.
Casa de São Domingos
One of our best sellers in Peso da Régua! Providing garden views, Casa de São Domingos in Peso da Régua provides accommodations, an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, a shared lounge, a garden and a terrace. Both WiFi and private parking are available at the bed and breakfast free of charge.Casa de São Domingos offers a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and shower.A continental breakfast is available daily at the accommodations.If you would like to discover the area, hiking and cycling are possible in the surroundings and Casa de São Domingos can arrange a bicycle rental service.Douro Museum is 1.1 mi from the bed and breakfast. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 47 mi from Casa de São Domingos, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Friendly people, beautiful gardens, very comfortable room, great shower, incredible breakfast.
- This property is lovely, comfortable and the staff friendly and competent. We would definitely recommend it to our family and friends.
- Breakfast was delicious, varied and fresh. The best breakfast We had in the 2 weeks in Portugal. The hostess gave us suggestions for restaurants. The shower was gorgeous, 2 shower heads.
- Superb! Very beautiful place, with extremely welcoming and comfortable facilities, and excellent breakfast. Easy parking on site.
- The staff was very warm and helpful. The place was lovely, both our room and the common areas. We had a luxurious breakfast too! Its definitely value for money.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Folgosa