Hotel Casa do Tua
Set on the banks of the Douro River and overlooking beautiful natural scenery, Hotel Casa do Tua offers air-conditioned rooms with a TV. It features an outdoor pool with far-reaching views.All guest bedrooms at Hotel Casa do Tua feature a wrought-iron bed and a private bathroom with a spacious shower. Free Wi-Fi is available in the hotel’s public areas.Every morning, a homemade continental breakfast is served in the large dining room, and there are 2 restaurants within a few minutes’ walk of Casa do Tua Hotel. The bar offers a selection of refreshing drinks.Guests can relax on the sun terrace or play billiards and darts in the games room. There are picturesque opportunities for walking along the two nearby rivers, and the 24-hour reception can arrange local railway or boating trips.Hotel Casa do Tua is 2 hours’ drive from Porto. Free on-site car parking is available.
- The staff were brilliant, Tua was lovely, great for exploring the Douro. Excellent restaurant next door. Lovely position on the river
- Breakfast is very nice, with regial produts.The view is fantastic, with the river, so close, the quiet of the street. Near have a restaurant and a bar very nice.The location is fantastic, and the street is very cool.
- Beautiful view from riverside window, cool pool after hot day, spotless rooms, wonderful shower.
- A very small town with only a train station and a restaurant on either side of the tracks. Beautiful room overlooking the Douro River. Very peaceful and local feeling.
- Very friendly welcome. Pleasing quality of establishment. Plentiful breakfast. Good views of the Douro river. Good restaurant next door. Away from it all location.
Casal De Tralhariz – Turismo De Habitacao
Set between 2 World Heritage sites, Alto Douro and Coa Valley, this hotel offers great facilities and activities in a rustic, peaceful setting.Casal de Tralhariz combines village accommodations and modern comforts to achieve the perfect relaxed country living. The property is ideally surrounded by the vineyards and pine forests, and overlooks a river junction.Rooms and apartments are simply decorated to reflect the natural outdoors. The studios, apartments, and suites feature fireplaces, flat-screen TVs, and views of the area. Themed dinners or lunches can be prepared upon request and, with advanced reservation, dinner with live music can be arranged.Guests can enjoy activities such as mountain biking, archery, trekking and hiking and even a game of paintball in the woods. Alternatively, guests can relax and pass lazy days at the inviting outdoor pool area with its panoramic views of the countryside.
- Fantastic views, beautiful surroundings, great food and service at dinner
- Everything! The gracious and generous hosts, the joy of conversing across three languages with other well traveled people, the night time silence, exploring rooms in the contemporary style update and expansion of a elegant manor house setting in a stunning location in the Douro Valley, and relishing the products of the estate ports, wines, fruits, jams, nuts, etc.
- The hotel and the location are stunning. A perfect place to unplug from our crazy daily life for few days or more. No TV and no phone in the room, which is a plus, but an excellent wifi. We love the interior decoration and the gardens, and the staff ,very friendly, gave us good recommendation for dinner.
- The views are spectacular. There is delicious fresh fruit growing everywhere which we enjoyed for our breakfast every day. The cooking by Nunno was delicious and good value. We especially enjoyed the BBQ.The welcome from the hosts is truly warm. We loved their enthusiasm for sharing the Tua area. We feel lucky to have visited such an undiscovered area and would love to visit again.
- The little studios are hidden in the hill side in a small village, the view is absolutely amazing. The houses on the property are build from big stone blocks, very rustic, very romantic setting. There are facilities for BBQ and for bigger events too. The owners are very nice and welcoming, they stayed up till 11PM to accept us, we really appreciated that.There is a pool too and you can rest by it and soak up the vitamin D.
Offering an outdoor pool, the picturesque Mallus Agroturismo is located in Misquel . The unit features rustic yet modernly equipped accommodations and is a 48-minute drive from Vila Real.The Mallus has accommodations in rooms and studios. All units come with a private bathroom, mini-bar, TV and a dining area. The studios also include an equipped kitchenette.Breakfast is provided at the property, which also features a restaurant. Here guests may have a taste of traditional Portuguese flavors. Room service is available, upon request.An array of activities can be enjoyed in the green surroundings, including hiking and cycling. The unit has a shared lounge area, an onsite ATM and a sun terrace.The Douro riverside area is 6.2 mi away from the property. Porto’s city center is a 100-minute drive, while Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 99 mi from the Mallus Agroturismo.
- Region, near Douro Valley. Quiet village. Explanations provided about visits that can be done. Kindness. Swimming pool a little bit cold but nice to have. Breakfast.
- The beds pillows were very comfortable everything was very clean. The breakfast was excellent with a very nice variety of beverages and foods.
- The rural location was lovely. The room was able to fit 4 people if necessary. Paula, our hostess, was very accommodating and kind.
- Paula is an amazing host! This place was super clean, every detail thought of, and very relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for a lovely stay!
- Great architecture, small but nice pool, new and modern apartment. Nice area with grapeyards and olive groves. Calm.
Hotel Rural da Quinta do Silval
Located in the famous Douro Valley, a region known for its rural charm and exquisite wines, this hotel offers stunning views of the surrounding hills, the vineyards, and the Pinhão River. Facilities include an outdoor pool.The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Rural da Quinta do Silval are traditionally decorated. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, a work desk, and an private bathroom.Quinta do Silval’s organizes wine tasting and guided visits to the vineyards, where it is possible to have a close up to the Douro and Port wines. Children can have fun at the playground.At the restaurant, guests can enjoy authentic, home-made Portuguese meals made with local produce. The wine shop offers a wide selection of the best wines of the region.Hotel Rural da Quinta do Silval is only 3.7 mi from the shops, restaurants and bars of Pinhão. Free private parking is available on site.
- breakfast and dinner were excellent, staff were all very knowledgeable, accommodating, went the extra mile to make sure our visit was perfect , location was great, romantic. Edward, Albert, Daniella and all the rest of the staff were knowledgeable of the area and its history, they gave the extra effort to make sure we were happy and were a true pleasure to interact with
- The staff treated us like family. The views are simply stunning, and the pool was a great touch and much needed in the hot weather
- My wife and I really really enjoyed our stay here. All of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The general manager Eduardo was very helpful and friendly as well, as well as being a great host. He recommended a lunch location at a thirdparty restaurant called O Lagar , and the owner Peter treated us like kings and made for a very memorable experience in Portugal. We will not forget that. The property Itself was very nice and so was the room that we stayed in. I also walked through the vineyards and really enjoyed the solitude and the location. On top of that the dinner that we had there was really fantastic as well. Would love to come visit again
- Wonderful place in an enchanting setting. The service is beyond compare. Very friendly and accomodating. Bed was very comfortable. Everything was as advertised. Would definitely stay here again.
- The service exceeded my expectations. I had asked about transportation from the train station and Edwardo arranged a taxi to be waiting for us. I also arranged for a tasting but we were offered a tasting with dinner which was above and beyond delicious and fun. I loved everything about this familyrun quinta and I will be dreaming of it until we get to go back.
Casa da Bela Vista
Surrounded by nature, Casa da Bela Vista is located in Casal de Loivos Village. Covas do Douro is 8.1 mi from the property. Pinhão is a mere 9-minute drive from the unit, as is the scenic Douro riverside area.All heated rooms include a wardrobe and feature private bathroom. The unit has panoramic views over the vineyards and the scenic Douro River from the balcony in 2 of the rooms.Breakfast is included in the room rate. For other meal options, guests may try Pinhão center, both of which have regional restaurants serving traditional meals. Guests may savor Port Wine and Moscatel Wine, which are produced by the owner of the property.The Pinhão Train Station is a 9-minute drive away. Porto International Airport is a 110-minute drive from the Casa da Bela Vista.
- Orquidia the host was super helpful, view is amazing.
- There is nowhere to eat nearby and we didnt want to drive anywhere. The proprietor prepared us a great dinner at incredible value. The breakfast was great as well. Great cozy place.
- The view was beautiful. The location was quiet and away from the city and its noise.
- The balcony has an amazing view of Pinhao and the Duoro Valley. The bathroom was large and updated. Our room had 2 beds for my wife, my adult daughter and myself. The breakfast was homemade by the host and was exceptional. We elected to eat dinner near the river so the host called a taxi for us so we didnt have to navigate the ride back up after a bit of wine with dinner. 5 euro each way.
- Great view of the Douro Valley. Delicious breakfast.
LBV House Hotel
The modern LBV House Hotel is inserted in the center of the Alto Douro wine region. Enjoying a panoramic view over the Pinhão Village, the elegant hotel is designed to fit seamlessly into the surrounding countryside.The LBV House Hotel’s rooms are all modernly decorated and most of the rooms feature balconies overlooking the river or the vineyards. All air-conditioned rooms and suite include a mini-bar, cable TV, and a private bathroom.The LBV House’s pool enjoys a view of the Douro River and vineyards.The Pinhão Railway station has vineyard-themed tiles decorating it, and is a 5-minute drive away. The Pinhão city center is also just a 5-minute drive from the LBV House Hotel.
- The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was very modern and clean. We even had a large deck with a beautiful view. Breakfast was also pleasant.
- Room size was great! Staff Was great! Walking to town is not convenient. I wish they would offer a shuttle.
- The hotel has a pleasing modern look to it. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. There was free parking in the garage under the hotel making it very convenient to come and go. Lastly, the hotel offers a 10 discount at their restaurant down by the river.
- Location was very good. Room, pool and views were excellent!! Staff was very helpful and friendly.
- Love this gem in the Duoro River Valley! Gorgeous views from the room and the hotel. Staff was awesome and did everything they could to make our stay the best!
The Vintage House – Douro
One of our top picks in Pinhão. Located in a former 18th-century wine estate, this luxury hotel overlooks vineyards and the Douro Valley. It has an outdoor pool with panoramic river views and offers spacious guestrooms with furnished balconies.Rooms at the The Vintage House – Douro include luxury bedding and modern furnishings. They come equipped with air conditioning a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.In the morning the hotel serves a breakfast buffet. The elegant Rabelo Restaurant features vaulted ceilings and offers regional cuisine. There is also an intimate bar with chandeliers and a fireplace.Guests can relax on a poolside sun lounger. The House Hotel has a tennis court and an on-site shop with wine tasting rooms. Nearby leisure activities include hiking and boat trips.The Vintage House – Douro is located in Pinhão, 150 feet from the Douro River. The hotel offers 24-hour front desk service and free private on-site parking.
- Amazing views, facilities, food and location! They were really good with COVID measures as well.
- The bed is very comfortable and tge location is great
- Delicious breakfast, attentive staff and comfortable beds. The view is outstanding! We plan to come back more times in the future.
- Beautifully decorated and comfortable room. Very attentive staff. Great location to explore the Douro region. Several Boat cruises right outside the hotel. Lovely views of the river from the room with a wonderful private terrace to sit out on. A complimentary bottle of Port in each room.
- The property was superb…the breakfast was excellent
Quinta de la Rosa
Located in a wine producing estate, on the right bank of Douro River, Quinta De La Rosa is a family owned property, 1.2 mi from Pinhão. Rooms at this working vineyard are spread over several levels.Offering river views, De La Rosa’s suites feature a seating area with a plush sofa, and a mini-bar. All guest rooms are air conditioned. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and features either a bath or a shower. Some bathrooms feature characteristic tiles on the walls.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. A shaded terrace overlooking the river and vineyards provides the ideal setting for a meal. The property’s restaurant, Cozinha da Clara, is named after the owner’s British grandmother, and takes inspiration from her home-cooking, with a menu featuring regionally-inspired dishes.During the harvest season, in September, guests can join the process of wine producing. There are daily guided visits and wine tastings both at La Rosa and nearby wineries. Guests can stroll through the vineyards and then relax under the vine-clad terraces.Vila Real is a 40-minute drive away, with many shopping and dining opportunities. Porto city is 75 mi away, with direct train services to Pinhão, traveling through the lush winding Douro valleys. Porto’s Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport is a 95-minute drive away.
- Clean room, great location near the river, friendly staff, great restaurant, pool, parking on premises, hiking through the vineyards.
- Very comfortable townhouse, outstanding restaurant food
- Great view! Amazing place and very quiet. We were looking to chill for a weekend and this was a perfect choice!
- It was very hard to leave the Quinta de la Rosa after 3 wonderful nights. Its location on the Douro is ideal. The property offers charming areas to sit enjoy the views. The restaurant wines must be tasted. I was there during the Coronavirus outbreak the staff did everything to make my stay pleasant. This is a great place to ride out the turmoil in the world!
- The property was right on the river in the heart of the Douro Valley. Truly an incredible location and beautiful property. Very peaceful and relaxing. Our room was so comfortable. We give the onsite restaurant 5stars. Amazing! Samson and Patricia at reception were so accommodating. Patricia set up a jeep tour for us at a nearby Quinta with spectacular views a wonderful guide. Ricardo was a delight in the mornings for breakfast. We simply cant say enough good things about Quinta de la Rosa!
Alojamento Galerias Nascentes
Alojamento Galerias Nascentes is located in Alijó, at 6.2 mi from Pinhão. It is 19 mi from Régua and 19 mi from Vila Real.All air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a TV, mini fridge and free WiFi access. Some units include a seating area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Lamego is 22 mi from Alojamento Galerias Nascentes, while Pedras Salgadas is 19 mi away. Porto and Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport are both at a 90-minute drive.
- Nao escolhemos pequeno almoo, porque o preo era demasiado elevado.
- Escolhi o pequeno almoo na hora do checkin e entregam porta do quarto num cestinho.Quarto muito espaoso e com secretria para quem quiser trabalhar.
- Das comodidades, a simpatia dos funcionrios, a ateno dispensada, e o pequenoalmoo numa cestinha de verga todas as manhs um mimo. Adoramos a experincia.
- O quarto era fabuloso, espaoso e cama com conforto. Bem localizado e a proprietria muito simptica. Pequeno almoo fraco. Aconselharia um espao s para o P. Almoo com alguma variedade utilizando produtos da regio.
- le fait que cet hotel represente surtout un appart hotel doit une independance bien agreable
Morgadio da Calcada
This 17th-century mansion offers contemporary-style rooms with modern comforts in Provesende, a 15-minute drive from Pinhão Train Station. Morgadio da Calçada is 6.8 mi from Douro River.Accommodations at Morgadio da Calçada is set in former sheds scattered through small patios. They were renovated to provide comfort with parquet floors, satellite TV and wrought-iron beds. Each private bathroom includes free toiletries and a hairdryer.A breakfast buffet is served daily and meals are prepared with ingredients from the vegetable garden. Meals served include Douro specialties and a welcome port wine will be served upon arrival.Guests can relax with a book and a glass of wine or a tea cup under the shade of a tree. The outdoor swimming pool invites to a dip after a walk through the property.Vila Real city is 19 mi from Morgadio da Calçada, and Alvão Natural Park is around 25 mi away.
- Wonderful houseDelicious and reasonably priced dinner 2 Port wines included served in an beautiful, candle lit dining room.Friendly staff and owner
- We were there for a couple of nights over Valentines Day 2020 and had asked for dinner in their dining room, off season. They happily obliged, and the meal, the service and the atmosphere were just outstanding, and wonderful. Lovely staff and an exceptional meal from a very talented kitchen, with the Quintas own wines to pair. The town is tiny, unspoiled, and way off the beaten path. Awakening to birds in the morning, unbelievably quiet and peaceful.
- Beautiful property and grounds. Rooms are lovely and breakfast was one of the best we had in Portugal
- The dinner meals are wonderful and gourmet like. The only problem is they are served at 8 to 830 pm and you dont finish until after 10 pm.
- Clean rooms and nice linens. Dinner and breakfast were very nice, as was the wine. A beautiful location and wonderful service!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Foz Tua