O Abel, Hotel rural
Located in Bragança, 4.3 miles from Braganca Castle, O Abel, Hotel rural has accommodations with a garden, free private parking and a terrace. The hotel has family rooms.At the hotel, the rooms come with a desk. Complete with a private bathroom equipped with a shower and a hairdryer, all rooms at O Abel, Hotel rural have a flat-screen TV and air conditioning, and selected rooms also feature a patio. Guest rooms feature a closet.Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at the accommodation.The area is popular for hiking and fishing, and car rental is available at O Abel, Hotel rural.
- Loved the quiet, great hospitality from Paulo and the staff!
- Staff were polite and dining experience was superb. Room was spacious with nice veranda. Pleasant riverside walk
- Liked everything, new modern spacious bedroom and bathroom. Patio door to small terrace overlooking the garden a bonus. Breakfast was continental and adequate however the attached restaurant is another thing, we ate there all three nights of our stay, the reputation of the restaurant was our main reason for our visit. We can only describe it as fabulous, had the T Bone steak twice, best steak I have ever had, my wife who isnt a great fan of steak if its chewy loved this melt in the mouth barbecued steak. Not for vegetarians here! Would recommend this place to everyone who wants to visit Trans Os Montes.
- Located in beautiful countryside. Huge, stateoftheart room. Modernistic design. Fabulous aircon. Lovely big shower room. Massive, comfortable bed. Large patio doors opening onto private garden area. Nice breakfast served al fresco. Restaurant on premises, booking essential as hugely popular due to the quality and proportion of the BBQ steaks on offer at the unbelievable price of 12 each including salad, potatoes and French fries.
- The facilities at O Abel are clean, modern and efficient. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Spacious bathroom and shower and all rooms very clean! The delicious breakfast is served respecting the rules imposed by the pandemic. We thank the employees for their attention, especially Paulo and Elsa! Extremely friendly and attentive! And we also recommend at least one meal in the attached restaurant! Best steak in the region! Really delicious and well served!
A. Montesinho Turismo
A. Montesinho Turismo is set in a small village inside a Natural Park. It is composed of 6 different historic houses, some located in the Gimonde center and other in Quinta das Covas. They are fully renovated in a contemporary style, retaining its original character and atmosphere.The air-conditioned rooms are fitted with designer furnishings made from natural materials. They come with a satellite TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. There are also a communal a living room with a fireplace and a fully equipped kitchen. Free WiFi is available in all areas.The D. Roberto restaurant is housed in a characteristic Trás-os-Montes house and serves traditional Portuguese and local dishes. Breakfast is also possible upon request.Guests can take a dip in the outdoor pool, located in Quinta das Covas. The unit offers a bike rental to discover Montesinho National Park, while many hiking trails criss-cross just outside Gimonde and Bragança old towns. Use of the hot tub and sauna is available, upon an extra charge.The properties are scattered around Gimonde, never further than 1,950 feet from the main building with the reception and the restaurant. Free WiFi is also provided here.
- This place is amazing. The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. It is very quiet place with swimming pool where you can relax yourself.
- Location, very close to Bragana 10min by car. Amazing surroundings, nice view in the middle of nature. The pool is the best part of the accomodation, great for a swim and to relax.
- The new room was great, very nicely decorated and the village was amazing. Great they accept pets without any extra charge. we travelled with our dog.
- Location is excellent and the staff very friendly. We will stay here again if we come back to the area.
- We liked the setting ,the concept its undertaking the size of the properties, we were lucky with the availability so perhaps would not have got the same if not available of course but for us it was great .The food on offer was in keeping with the location added to the value of the whole experience.
Moinho da Ponte Velha
One of our top picks in Bragança. Moinho da Ponte Velha features accommodations in a restored mill overlooking the Sabor River. Just over 1 miles from Castelo de Bragança, this guesthouse includes a spacious lounge with open fireplace and full kitchen.Each room and suite has views of the Sabor River and surrounding garden. All feature hardwood floors and a private bathroom individually decorated with mosaic tiles.A buffet breakfast is served daily. Regional cuisine is available upon request. Many restaurants in the center of town of Bragança are a 5-minute drive away.Guests can relax with a book in the scenic sitting room or take a jeep tour through Montesinho Natural Park. Horseback riding, fishing and biking can also be arranged.
- Great location but a little difficult to find. Super house and facilities.
- Everything, the place was amazing the right place if you want to disconnect from everything however very near the town
- Excellent remote location. Herd of goats visited after breakfast.
- Our host was wonderful and she really made us fell welcomed. Our room was spotlessly clean, the beds were confortable and the bathroom was very spacious! The house is a restored water mill which still retains some original features and the decoration is a perfect combination of modern and traditional. The surroundings are perfect for those seeking a place to relax and reconnect with nature.
- Tudo, tudo! Uma localizao maravilhosa, um cantinho perfeito para uns dias de descanso com todas as comodidades e ateno pelos hspedes.A ateno da Sra. Maria Joo, que sempre se prontificou para toda e qualquer ajuda.Visitar para crer! Obrigado.
Hotel ibis Braganca
In the heart of Bragança, the Ibis has simply decorated air-conditioned rooms. It features a restaurant and a bar. Montesinho Natural Park is a 20-minute drive away by car.Ibis Bragança is easily accessible by highway, and has rooms with wood furnishings, a satellite TV, ironing facilities and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can start their day with a Continental breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant serves regional dishes, and the bar provides refreshing drinks.The Bragança Castle is an 8-minute drive away.
- The staff were very friendly and the free Natas were welcomed.
- Much better than expected. Room with view sunrise, moon, 2 doors in the room noise cancelling, sufficient hot water for long bath tube relaxation, easy and free parking outside, location slightly outside of downtown which turned out to be perfect. Quiet location, friendly staff.
- Everything and specially the friendly staff! Very professional
- Me and my family just have o e thing to say!What a value for money on every way! Very very recommended.Carlos Barros
- The room was clean and comfortable. They have adopted several measures to stop the diffusion of Covid19. Good value for money as usual for an Ibis location
Located in the center of Bragança, this hotel is 0.6 mi from the Contemporary Art Museum and from the city’s historic castle. It has a traditional Portuguese restaurant and offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.Rooms at Hotel Tulipa have parquet floors and simple furnishings. They come equipped with a mini-bar and a flat-screen TV. All rooms have a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can benefit from the hotel’s laundry and ironing services. There is also a fax machine. Staff at the 24-hour front desk provide information on local attractions and offer luggage storage.Hotel Tulipa is a 5-minute walk from shops, cafes and restaurants. It is less than 1.2 mi from the Romanesque Domus Municipalis. Free public parking is possible at a location nearby.
- The central location is so convenient to tourist sights and the bus station, but you also get to experience a local neighborhood. The hotel also runs a restaurant that seemed very popular. Breakfast selections were varied and delicious. The staff members were all friendly and helpful.
- It is one of the best hotels in downtown Braganca frequently used for the business guests of Politechnical Institute of Braganca. Decent clean very family atmosphere.
- Good hotel, convenient location. The staff was friendly and helpful.
- For us, this is the best hotel in town. Great staff, lovely clean, comfortable room, great bathroom and plenty of free parking. Also a very good breakfast.
- The staff was super helpful and gave lots of nice tips to see the city and the area around.
Pousada de Bragança – Sao Bartolomeu
Located on top of a hill of the Nogueira Mountain Range, Pousada de Bragança offers panoramic views of the city and Bragança Castle. Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool.The rooms at Pousada de Bragança have a private balcony with views of the outdoor pool and the walls of the medieval castle. Satellite TV, a mini-bar, and an private bathroom are standard in all rooms.Guests can enjoy local Portuguese dishes as well as international cuisine at the restaurant. Room service is also available. Explore the surroundings and try the regional delicacies made of local ingredients at Geadas Restaurant.Pousada de Bragança is just a 5-minute walk from the historic center of Bragança. It is also possible to go hiking and fishing in the surrounding area.
- The hotel is very well located with a great view of the castle. We really liked this hotels environment, the furniture and all the amenities. The staff is great.
- Very comfortable beds and great breakfast. Very courteous and helpful staff. The food, service and views at G Pousada were wonderful.
- The breakfast was excellent and the hotel restaurants gourmet meal exceeded our expectations.
- Travel to the past of Portugal to the times of SalazarThe restaurant is very good but way to expensive, it was my second time, less good and more expensive than the first.We are not talking about an average restaurant, it has a Michelin star, because of that the expectations are higher.The wine selection is good.
- Great location overlooking the town and castle. Balcony provided wonderful view and comfortable sitting area. Contemporary design reminded me a bit of Scandinavia. Great breakfast with the same view.
Set in Bragança, Norte Region region, Baixa Hotel is located 0.7 mi from Braganca Castle. With a bar, the 2-star hotel has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, each with a private bathroom. The accommodations offers room service, a shared lounge and luggage storage for guests.At the hotel, all rooms have a wardrobe. At Baixa Hotel every room includes a desk and a flat-screen TV.Guests at the accommodations can enjoy a continental breakfast.
- It all looks new and fresh and clean. The location is central in an alley look out for the sign. I loved having a bath a rare treat I took a double room especially even though I was travelling alone the smaller rooms have showers. The breakfast was a nice selection. Breakfast times were staggered to keep everyone at a social distance. Hand sanitizer was on each floor. This was my first time in Bracana. I hope to return.
- Breakfast was the super had alots of things for eat , its was super good
- Staff is very nice and helpful, the breakfast is delicious, the room is spacious and comfy.
- The staff is very friendly, they even helped us carry our luggage.The place is a bit hard to find, it is in a little side street which you will certainly miss when your cars navigation says that youre there.
- Fantastic location, close to everything.Talked with Xavier at the front desk and he was a great source of info.
Hotel Estalagem Turismo
Located on the outskirts of Bragança, the Estalagem Turismo features a restaurant offering Portuguese cuisine and an extensive wine list. It features 2 pond-shaped outdoor pools and spacious sun terraces.The hotel is about 1.9 mi from the city center and from Bragança’s Castle. The borders of Montesinho Natural Park are less than 0.6 mi of the hotel.All the rooms are simply decorated with parquet floors and wooden furniture. Each room has a balcony with countryside views. TVs and radios are provided for in-room entertainment.The Turismo Estalagem has a garden where guests can find a children’s playground. To relax after a day of sightseeing, the choice is between sipping a drink at the bar and requesting room service for a private dinner.
- Very complete breakfast with several choices!The Hotel has an old look but its comfortable and very friendly.The staff was very nice and the rooms are super comfortable. there are ACs on the rooms, a nice LCD and the bed and pillows were awesome!
- The rooms were quiet and cosy, bed was comfortable and good food options in the restaurant.
- Very reasonable price. Quiet, comfortable. Great breakfast!
- We loved the open plan living and ultra decore. Not really practical for every day living, and hard to keep clean I imagine but we loved the two days we spent in the bungalow. Having a car to travel back into the centre is a must, and also to visit the castle museum and church.Remember to take the keys out of the front door before you let the electronic sliding blinds down. We left ours in and were locked in till husband slid under the shutter to recover keys at great effort. Laughed after though.
- Its out of town, quiet but clean with friendly staff. Great value at the moment
Hotel Tic Tac
One of our best sellers in Bragança! Hotel Tic Tac is located in the historical center of Bragança just an 8-minute walk from the Bragança Castle. This hotel features free WiFi in all areas, an à la carte restaurant and a bar.Each room here will provide guests with a cable TV and air conditioning. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with a bath and a bidet.Guests can enjoy a traditional Portuguese menu at the Tic Tac Restaurant which features some regional delicacies. In the evening guests may enjoy a beverage at the bar.At Hotel Tic Tac guests will find a 24-hour front desk and a shared lounge. Within walking distance guests may visit the many churches and museums of Bragança including the Military Museum, the Sé Church and the São Vicente Church.Access to the A4 motorway is 4 away and Porto International Airport is 132 mi away.
- Location, private parking around corner park in front of hotel to drop off luggage, totally dog friendly at no extra cost, big modern room with great heating, hairdryer in bathroom, TV with international stations. BF of bread, cheese, ham, fruit, juice and hot beverage included. Easy downhill 10 minute walk to the Citadel. Highly recommend.
- The staff was very friendly and helpful. The owner is the sweetest and nicest person. She made sure we had everything we needed. The room was small but very cozy.
- Location is good, parking available in the street outside. Owners and staff are lovely. We had a simple typical dinner in the hotel good value for money. Breakfast was included and it was good. We had fresh rolls with butter, cheese and ham and a dish of melon. Orange juice and coffee was included we thought it was a very good breakfast for an inclusive deal. Dinner , bed and breakfast for two was 69 euros, great value.
- I liked nice and welcoming staff. Liked the bacony.
- Location was great. They had private parking just up the road. Lady owner was lovely.
Solar de Santa Maria
Solar de Santa Maria offers accommodations in Bragança, in a 17th-century manor building, in the heart of the old town, 250 feet from the Castle’s gardens. It has a garden with cloisters and features free WiFi.Every room has a TV with cable channels and a private bathroom.Museums and historic churches including the ancient cathedral are all within a 1148 foot radius. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.
- Great location in historical area. Character property with modern amenities.
- Very friendly and atmospheric stay perfect location for a night stroll around the castle grounds abundant breakfast
- Solar de Santa Maria is located in the heart of the old town area and right next to the castle. The building has been completely redone with great care to respect the original. Breakfast was delicious, and the room was very comfortable. All of the staff were helpful.
- Beautiful building. Warm and big rooms. Wonderful balcony and garden. Location is right next to the Castle.
- Beautiful quaint Portuguese village. Perfect accommodations
Looking for: Best Hotels in Gimonde