The Gretna Chase Hotel
Dating back to the 1800s, Gretna Chase Hotel offers stylish rooms, a restaurant and bar on the border of Scotland and England. Just 4 minutes’ drive from the Anvil Hall Wedding Venue, it provides free parking, WiFi and function facilities.The hotel retains much of its original character, and rooms enjoy attractive views of the surrounding countryside. All have an en suite shower room, and include a flat-screen TV, telephone, tea and coffee facilities and hairdryer.Gretna Chase Hotel’s bar serves a range of dishes, with a menu displaying Scottish and international inspiration. There are curries, pastas, steaks and fish, and a tempting choice of desserts from the sweet trolley.Just north of Cumbria, the town is 9 miles from Carlisle, and less than 30 minutes’ drive from neighboring Northumberland’s Kielder Forest Park. The historic Scottish market town of Dumfries is 23 miles away.
- Booked this hotel due to its location.Its short walk from shops and its close to the blacksmiths for our wedding.We booked two rooms a family room and a double room so we could get ready. the hotel was very accommodating.We was able to add traveling guests on to our breakfast order the following morning.The hotel was extremely accommodating to myself with my dietary restrictions of gluten and dairy, Ive stayed at many hotels and this has been the only one Ive been able to eat breakfast at. The evening meal was also really nice and the choice was vast for everyone.The hotel is laid out nice and the staff were more than nice they was eager to help out in anyway possible even during a pandemic.
- The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. Evening meal generous portions and good quality. They took the covid precautions really seriously but in a non intrusive way. The room was big. Easy to find. Very picturesque building.
- Lovely old house tastefully extended.Very comfortable, spacious, well appointed room. We were given a free upgrade to a deluxe room.Beautiful gardens.Local heritage walk to the coast opposite the hotel.
- Convenient location. Nicesized room and good value. Food at dinner and breakfast were hearty and good.
- Brilliant hotel. Food was lovely, the room was beautiful and really clean. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Would recommend highly!
Set in Gretna in the Dumfries and Galloway region, Solway Retreat has a patio and garden views. The accommodations is 22 mi from Dumfries, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.The apartment features 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a shower.The apartment offers a terrace. Guests at Solway Retreat can enjoy hiking nearby, or make the most of the garden.Keswick is 27 mi from the accommodations, while Carlisle is 8.7 mi away. The nearest airport is Newcastle International Airport, 54 mi from Solway Retreat.
No reviews yet.
Surrone Guest House
Located in the town of Gretna, the Surrone Guest House features free Wi-Fi, free private parking. The spacious and modern accommodations is within 1,650 feet of Gretna’s register office.The rooms offer a flat-screen Freeview TV, a radio alarm clock, and tea and coffee making facilities. The private bathrooms boast complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Ironing supplies are available upon request.In the mornings, the Surrone Guest House serves full Scottish breakfast, which is freshly prepared using locally sourced produce where possible.Famous for its runaway weddings, the village of Gretna Green is just 10 minutes’ walk from the town of Gretna. Gretna Green features the famous Blacksmiths Shop, which is home to The Courtship Maze. Set within well maintained gardens, the Surrone is just 11 minutes’ walk Gretna Green Railway Station.
- Beautiful property in a prime location with everything Gretna has to offer on your doorstep. Beautiful drive with lovely well kept gardens around Surrone House.I had booked a twin room and requested as few stairs as possible as Im disabled. I got a message saying we could have the ground floor family room.Beautiful, spotlessly clean, bright, spacious room with a bay window facing onto the lovely back garden. Comfortable beds and breakfast was exceptional! Will recommend highly and hope to visit again soon.
- Everything about the accommodation was exceptional. First class and well appointed. The warmest welcome by the owners and a nice hot cup of coffee waiting .The breakfast was hot and served with more than enough for the day ahead.
- Christine is a wonderful host, amazing cookies freshly baked on arrival and a beautiful breakfast
- Really handy for the M6/M74. Easy walking distance to eatery, pub and outlet centre if you want. Good parking. Really good size room, including what looked like a newly refurbished bathroom. Quality toiletries Molton Brown. A decent sized tv for a change. Absolutely superb value for money. Good breakfast.
- Friendly excellent service great value for money very clean food was lovely if ever back in area again wouldnt stay anywhere else
Hunters Lodge Hotel
Located in Gretna, a town historically linked to weddings, Hunters Lodge Hotel is the nearest hotel to the popular Gretna Registration Office. It is just 5 minutes’ drive from the famous Old Blacksmith’s Shop. It offers a bar, a restaurant, free onsite parking, and free Wi-Fi in public areas.The traditionally designed rooms at Hunters Lodge Hotel each include an en suite shower room with a hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, and a TV.In the evenings, guests can relax in the lounge bar and enjoy a range of traditional malt whiskeys. The restaurant serves an extensive, home-cooked menu that is available to all guests daily. Booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.Surrounded by many attractions, Drummuir Farm Ice Cream Parlor is 19 miles from the hotel. Gretna Gateway Outlet Village is also less than a 2-minute drive away.
- Helpful staff. Good location and clean room. Had a comfortable stay.
- I think this was the largest hotel room we had during our entire trip around the UK. Staff was very warm and welcoming. Couldnt ask for a better greeting after a long drive. Good location for us, as we were mainly there to visit the blacksmiths shop!
- The proprietor went the extra mile to help me learn a bit more about the area, which meant a lot to me as a student. She was especially generous with her time and attention. The lodging was great very comfortable and across the road from a park where tons of kids were playing all day. That fact made me feel very safe while staying at the Hunters Lodge.
- Lovely hotel, the staff were very friendly and very helpful and the breakfast was really good. No complaints.
- The staff and food was amazing and the hotel was a lovely stay. We really would go again x
Solway Lodge Hotel
One of our best sellers in Gretna Green! This family-run hotel in the center of Gretna offers a warm welcome in homey surroundings. It is near to Gretna Register Office, Anvil Hall and the famous blacksmith’s shop.Solway Lodge Hotel is ideal for weddings, receptions, conferences and getaways and is 5 minutes from the freeway.Use the hotel as a base for touring Dumfries and Galloway, and for walking, biking and visiting the stunning coast or Galloway Forest Park.
- room lovely and warm first snow of 2020 whilst I stayed. Cracking breakfast.
- The location is very good as were the staff and we would certainly use it again.
- Great serviceGreat teamGreat host GaryWill 100 be back if in the area
- The breakfasts were delicious and included in the price, with a good range of cereals, juices, cooked food, and an abundance of highquality condiments, plus good tea and coffee. The bedroom was extremely comfortable and had a working window I hate unusable windows in hotels and contained a surprisingly luxurious bed with several pillows, an extra blanket, and clean, fresh sheets. The heating in the room was very efficient, and the dcor was lovely. We had plenty of tea, coffee, linens, and toiletries, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is probably a 10minute walk from Gretna Gateway the local outlet mall and was located very conveniently.
- The staff, everyone of them were amazing and did everything to make us feel very welcome with great customer service but also friendly and in a very relaxed atmosphere.Solway lodge ia also very central for shopping outlets and wedding venues nearby
Bojangles Guest House
Centrally located in the town of Gretna, Bojangles Guest House offers free Wi-Fi throughout and free onsite parking. This small, family-run property is ideally located for Gretna and Gretna Green weddings. Gretna Registry Office is a 5-minute walk away.The luxurious rooms include a flat-screen Freeview TV, a seating area, and tea and coffee making facilities. Each contemporary room features an en-suite or private bathroom with complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer.In the mornings, Bojangles serves full cooked breakfast. Lunch and evening meals can be enjoyed in the neighboring inn and hotel. The Gretna Gateway Outlet Village is just 650 feet from the guest house and the town’s main shops are also only a 5-minute stroll away.Bojangles Guest House is just 1 miles from the M74 and the A75 motorways, allowing easy access to Glasgow, Dumfries, and Carlisle.
- The owners were lovely, happy to help with anything. Room was clean, light and airy, wed definitely stay again
- Great decor, very efficient and friendly owners, comfortable and modern, great coffee
- So clean, so nice, very well presented and bathroom fabulous. The cooked to order breakfast was the absolute best breakfast of our 8 day holiday.
- This bed and breakfast was by far the best stay my sister and I have had in our three week holiday travels! It was clean, the staff was amazing and informative and it felt like a 5 star hotel! Breakfast was outstanding and everything was perfect and so comfortable!
- Beautifully decorated throughout. Our Bedroom was fabulous we even had a sofa. Hazel and Phil who run Bojangles were fantastic hosts so friendly and helpful.
the gretna inn
The gretna inn is set in Dumfries and features a bar. Featuring room service, this property also welcomes guests with a restaurant and a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.All guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The units feature a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.Guests at the gretna inn can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.Keswick is 27 mi from the accommodations, while Carlisle is 8.7 mi away. The nearest airport is Newcastle International Airport, 53 mi from the gretna inn.
No reviews yet.
Maple Tree Guesthouse
Maple Tree Guest house is set in the heart of Gretna, on the Scottish-English border and 10 minutes’ walk from the railway station. This bed and breakfast offers rooms with free Wi-Fi.Offering garden views, each simply decorated room at Maple Tree Guest House has colorful, modern design. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee-making facilities, heating, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Gretna’s famous wedding venue and registry office are within 1,650 feet of the bed and breakfast. Gretna Designer Outlet Shopping Village is less than 650 feet away.The property is 0.5 miles from the A74, which connects you to Carlisle in 15 minutes. Both Glasgow and Newcastle can be reached in less than 90 minutes by car.
- Beautiful view of Solway Firth from bedroom which was huge and very luxurious. Very friendly owner and good breakfast. Helpful pointers to places to eat.
- Clean, tidy, good sized room, friendly, great breakfast. Great location for outlet mall, pub on corner.
- Very hospitable from start to finish. Easy to find. 2 minute walk to Gretna Outlet Village. Great value for money.
- Clean..convenient location..great hosts and very flexible check in option..a great stay
- The breakfast was excellent the whole place was as pleasant and comfortable as you could want.
Alexander Guest House
Located in the center of Gretna Green, Alexander Guest House, built in 1856, offers adult-only accommodations. Free WiFi, a private garden and free on-site parking are featured. Gretna Green Rail Station is only 3 minutes’ walk away and the property is also 350 feet from an electric vehicle charging station.A flat-screen LCD TV, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and toiletries are provided in all rooms, which are located on the ground floor.A traditional Scottish breakfast menu is served in the dining room, which has garden views.Gretna Gateway shopping center is only a 5-minute walk away and offers a wide range of stores and places to eat. Gretna Green Famous Blacksmiths Shop is a 5-minute walk away.
- Friendly staff, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and an excellent breakfast.
- Comfortable room, nice lounge for making hot drinks and excellent breakfast with fresh fruit and a perfect poached egg.
- The garden location next to station and short drive of the M6 but quiet area
- Lovely quiet location, spotlessly clean and an exceptional breakfast. With lovely hostsCathrine Steve
- Absolutely perfect in all ways, the rest of our holiday have massive boots to fill after Alexander Guest House
Kirkcroft Guest House
Once Gretna Green’s post office, Kirkcroft is now a lovely bed and breakfast less than a 5 minute walk from Gretna Green Train Station. Free private parking is available and the A74 highway is a 5 minute drive from the property. Free Wi-Fi is accessible in public areas.The World Famous Blacksmiths Shop, renowned since the early 18th century as the marriage destination of choice, is also a 5 minute walk from Kirkcroft Guest House. Fishing is possible on several rivers, all of which are located one mile from this property.Each neutrally decorated room has a TV, radio, closet and tea/coffee-making facilities. Rooms also have a private bathroom with a shower and a selection of toiletries. Hairdryers are available upon request.
- The ensuite is very clean and comfort. Location is close to motorway which is perfect for a rest after long drive from/ to Highland. Very easy to go to the outlet as well as Blacksmith shop. Scottish breakfast is also delicious. Milk is available in the fridge as complimentary.
- The location and the people who rang it was lovely
- Very friendly owners breakfast amazing . In walking distance of shopping outlet and blacksmiths
- The hosts were very welcoming and friendly, ensuring everything was Covidcorrect, which gave me great confidence. They cooked an excellent breakfast.The room was great for a single occupant, with a comfortable double bed and plenty of room to hang my motorbike gear.
- The owners were very friendly and careful people considering the current Covid19 situation.The room was great for one person, with a comfy double bed and plenty of storage space for my motorbike clothes.The breakfast was very tasty, with a full cooked breakfast available.The location is very handy, close to both the M6 going north/south and the A75 going west into Dumfriesshire, although I personally dont always look for BBs just off motorways.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Gretna