Sardines and Friends
Located right in the Póvoa de Varzim city center, this old house was reconverted into a hostel with brand new materials and design. Sardines and Friends provides affordable accommodations just a 2-minute walk from the Casino da Póvoa and a 3-minute walk from the beach.Sardines and Friends has beds in air-conditioned 6-person dormitory rooms as well as double and family rooms. All rooms include a bathroom.The 3-floor property houses rooms which include private bathroom, lockers, bed linen, pillows and towels. Also available is the use of a lounge area, communal kitchen and a terrace. Free WiFi is available in the public areas.Guests can prepare their own meals in the fully-equipped common kitchen. For other dining options, the Póvoa de Varzim city center is a 5-minute walk from the property, offering many local restaurant options.The property is just a 22-minute drive from the Porto International Airport.
- The room was very clean and could have slept 5 people. The beds were very comfortable and plenty of space was available for spreading out. There was attention to small details such as ample space to hang clothes to dry and places to safely place our packs.
- Great location. Wish we had more time to explore. Host was very communicative about room assignment my suitcase arrival
- Verry Nice location in center and near boulevard. Nice room/bathroom and Good kitchen. Owners where not there most of the time, but they respond immidiately on whatsapp if you need something. Or they are at the hostel in 1 minute. Had a great stay
- Great location. In a busy area of town but wasnt noisy at night, other than a foghorn in the early hours!! I had a huge room and the property also has a kitchen/seating area. All the check in etc was done via phone but very quick to respond and pleasant.
- We felt like home because the owner has prepared everything in advance so we could arrive in our own time without worrying. The place was really clean and cosy and the space just as needed for a couple.
Santana Hotel & SPA
Located next to Ave River in Vila do Conde, this spa hotel features an indoor pool, a hot tub and a sauna. The rooftop terrace features panoramic city and beach views.All guest rooms at the 4-star Santana Hotel & SPA are air-conditioned and equipped with a TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom. Some rooms offer a balcony and a terrace overlooking the river.Restaurant Santa Clara serves traditional Portuguese food with a view over the Ave river and the Santa Clara monastery.The Santanahotel’s spa offers a large indoor heated swimming pool. Guests can also enjoy a range of relaxing massages at the spa, or work out with cardiovascular equipment at the gym.Free private parking is available.
- Everything was good considering the Covid19 situation. Breakfast was served in the room and quite sufficient, good.
- Nice views, good location and not a bad breakfast spread each morning. This is a hotel with major potential. The staff are working hard to provide a four star standard but they are let down by the facilities they have to work with. A little investment would go a long way in this hotel.
- After a long day on the coastal Camino I was so happy to arrive! My room was spacious and best of all I had a large clean bathtub to soak my weary legs! The breakfast buffet had an excellent selection and checkin and checkout were a breeze! I was too tired to go out for dinner but they have a selection of items available including wine for room service which I enjoyed. Definitely recommend!
- Location was good off the Camino trail. No major detour. Staff were very welcoming and the restaurant had very good food for a very fair price. I had the mixed grill fish special and it was he best thing I ate all week o
- we booked a regular room, but no wifi connection possible, they give us free upgrade to superior room, what a difference…breakfast was top,
Rêve D’Or is located in Póvoa de Varzim and is an 8-minute walk from the beach and the Póvoa Casino. Featuring free WiFi, this guest house is just 1,500 feet from the metro station wich connects guests to the city of Porto 17 mi away.Each room at the Rêve D’Or will provide guests with heating and a TV. Private bathrooms also come with a shower.Guests can visit the various restaurants serving fresh fish specialties within a few minutes’ walk. In the evening there are plenty of bars by the beach where guests can enjoy a beverage and relax.At Rêve D’Or you will find a garden and a terrace. Other facilities offered at the property include luggage storage. Porto International Airport is 12 mi away.
- Clean. Small but comfortable room and bed. Small sign and frontage on the road walked right by it at first. Its green tile finish. Would stay again.
- Location was good. Private garden to sit and relax in was a nice touch. Wifi worked well in our room. Host was pleasant and very accommodating.
- Convenient location, owner is kind and friendly, owner helped me through my emergency problem, she called taxi and waited for me to go inside the car.
- The place was well located, across from a large plaza, down a couple of blocks from the sea, and in easy walking distance to restaurants, an optician my friend broke her glasses, and the post office I had to send some things on. We are walking the Caminho Portugues, and needed a place to sleep without 50 other people surrounding us in bunk beds.
- Our stay was excellent. The host was kind and helpful, the room was spacious, light and comfortable. There was a large double bed with very pleasant bedding. There was a place to hang washing, a garden we could sit in as well as a veranda. All round a very good stay
Grande Hotel da Povoa
Set in thoughtfully restored building overlooking the Atlantic, Grande Hotel da Povoa offers neatly furnished rooms with private bathrooms on Povoa do Varzim’s seafront promenade. It features a casino next door.This seaside hotel provides contemporary rooms which were recently fully renovated. All have an intimate décor, air conditioning and have satellite televisions. The private bathroom is equipped with a shower and hairdryer.A daily 100% Halal breakfast buffet is served in the dining room or on the terrace. The hotel’s restaurant with panoramic sea views offers unique Portuguese dishes and steaks. Lunch and coffees are available from the café.Porto city center can be reached within one hour from Póvoa de Varzim Metro Station, 2 minutes’ walking from the hotel. The trip to Francisco de Sá Carneiro Airport, on the same line, takes only 15 minutes.
- It is a good hotel, near to Povoa metro station, beach front and with many restaurants and shoping stores around. It was clean and the staff of the hotel very friendly. The breakfast was buffet with many options. The view from the window of the room was good.
- We loved the proximity to cafes, restaurants, and boardwalk. Very convenient location.
- The deluxe junior suite was great, with balcony and plenty of space.
- Friendly early check in for pilgrims. Great buffet breakfast.Luxurious bedroom and bathroom if you are on the Camino. Very close to lots of fantastic restaurants.
- Modern, clean, large, nicely decorated rooms with a really cool tv. Extraordinary breakfast, nice restaurant, helpful and willing staff…
Quinta Sao Miguel de Arcos
One of our top picks in Vila do Conde. This beautiful and charming hotel is harmoniously integrated into the surrounding natural landscape, offering comfortable, modern accommodations off the beaten track.The Quinta São Miguel de Arcos is only a short drive away from important centers and towns, but it is nestled in surroundings of rural, natural beauty, allowing for a truly unique holiday experience.With ten rooms in a magnificent rustic house dated from the 18th century, guests at Quinta São Miguel de Arcos are assured of a variety of services at very high standards of friendliness and quality.
- The staff was friendly and helpful. Dinner was amazing…delicious and festive. The setting was beautiful and historic.
- Wonderful staff, along with the multiple pools, incredible food and outstanding room, made this a perfect stay
- They were very welcoming and went the extra mile for an exhausted camino walker
- Beautiful historic building. Staff was very helpful.
- Friendly and very accommodating of our need for gluten free food.
In the heart of Vila do Conde, a former village of fishermen, Hotel Brazao offers elegant rooms. Only 2,950 feet from the beach, it features free Wi-Fi.The air-conditioned rooms and suites of Hotel Brazao are equipped with a satellite TV, a mini bar, and a work desk. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The hotel’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet. The hotel also has a bar serving refreshing drinks and a tea parlor.Mini golf, tennis courts and swimming pools can be found around the hotel.Hotel Brazao is 0.7 mi from a Metro station, while Porto is 15 mi away. Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 8.1 mi away, and the hotel offers free private parking on site. Hotel Brazao is inserted in the Santiago de Compostela pilgrim route.
- The hotel has recently been refurbished. It has been brought up to date. Previously the lounge and dinning area were very dark and depressing. Now very light and welcoming. Buffet breakfast with good range of options. Staff very friendly and welcoming and spoke very good English.No restaurant in the hotel but plenty of good restaurants very close by. Hotel is positioned in the center of town. Was very safe walking around late at night.
- Convenient , easy to find, clean and comfortable
- Location at bridge, easy walk into town, great breakfast, comfortable bed, AC
- A great little hotel, everything youd ever need, plus an amazing cooked breakfast. Incredible value for money. They even had a bathtub…so welcome after 24 very hot kms on the coastal Camino!.
- Location in old part of town. Everything seemed very new. Breakfast is very good.
Featuring free WiFi access available throughout, Bellamar Hostel offers rooms in Villa do Conde, a 10-minute walk from the Santa Clara Metro Station. Shared kitchen facilities are at guests’ disposal.Each room is equipped with a TV with cable channels, while the bathroom is either shared or private. Some rooms have river views.Povoa de Varzim city center is an 8-minute drive from Bellamar Hostel, while Porto is 17 mi away.
- Fast Check in, Clean room, good Location, directly at the Camino
- Easy walk from the train/ bus station and easy to find. Fatima at the desk in the afternoons, was so extremely helpful and fun to chat with. A good location to explore from.
- Great responses online to questions. We we walking on a cold day, so the assurance that all was good, was appreciated.
- Good sized room. Good value for 2 bed dorm. Great value as I was the only one in the room that night. Excellent kitchen facilities and washer/dryer available.
- Very comfortable and the facilities were great as we were walking, we were able to do some washing.
Axis Vermar Conference & Beach Hotel
The Axis Vermar is located on the beach in Povoa de Varzim. It has an outdoor pool with a sun-lounger terrace and offers air-conditioned rooms with panoramic views of the North Atlantic Ocean.Rooms at the Axis Vermar Conference & Beach Hotel have simple furnishings and a private bathroom with luxury amenities. They come equipped with a TV and a mini-bar. The rooms with sea views feature a private balcony with sweeping views.The Jardim Restaurant features sea views and serves international cuisine and traditional Portuguese dishes. In the morning a buffet breakfast with fresh fruit and pastries is served.The hotel has a tennis court and a playground for children. Nearby leisure activities include mountain biking and hiking. Spa treatments are available by appointment.Axis Vermar Conference & Beach Hotel is 12 mi from the airport and is 0.9 mi from the Casino of Povoa de Varzim. The hotel offers 24-hour front desk service and free on-site private parking.Axis is taking part in an initiative of corporate social responsibility, integrating into its team people with intellectual disabilities.
- Cleanliness of the room and Breakfast.Location and Parking facilities
- Very friendly Staff Very Good Breakfast Clean
- It was clean and everyone was so nice! So close to the beach, shopping, and amazing selection for lunch and dinner. The room was so nice and cleaned everyday! Great for solo travel.
- The view is spectacular, the location is unparalleled. It is near many nice beached and good restaurants. Walkable to the train station, so all of Porto is within reach.
- Breakfast was good. People were also nice. Location is good.
Vila do Conde Holidays Flat
Boasting garden views, Vila do Conde Holidays Flat offers accommodations with a patio and a kettle, around 1.8 mi from Mindelo Beach. With city views, this accommodations provides a balcony.Featuring a DVD player, the apartment has a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a bidet and a shower. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.A terrace is available for guests at the apartment to use.The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 8.7 mi from Vila do Conde Holidays Flat.
- Really good location. We loved the proximity to the beach. Very close to the metro good access to Porto and Povoa de Varzim. Well equipped apartment had everything we needed. Dining area had lovely views over the town. Checkin was very straightforward, we had a nice welcome. I can definetly recommend this property to other travellers.
- Great hosts!! Extremely pleasant, welcoming and helpful!
- Everything was perfect! Much better than what i expected to be honest. The house is super big, very clean. Everywhere is well equipped. Close to the beach as well. The host is very attentive. When i needed to ask something he would respond to me in a minute. Professional. Everything is more than what i could ask for.
- Apartamento muy amplio, limpio y cmodo. Dos habitaciones, dos baos grandes, saln, cocina grande muy bien equipada salvo un lavavajillas. Cuarto para tender, despacho, y una terraza cubierta con sof, mesa y sillas
- Muito completo a nvel de servios. Os quartos so confortveis.
One of our top picks in Póvoa de Varzim. Located in the heart of Póvoa de Varzim and 350 feet from the beach and the Casino da Póvoa, Luso Brasileiro Hotel offers air-conditioned rooms, some with a balcony or terrace.With double-glazed windows and carpeted floors, all rooms feature a satellite TV, full bathroom, refrigerator and free WiFi.A continental buffet breakfast is served in the light breakfast room. Within 0.6 mi from the Luso Brasileiro there are several bars, restaurants and cafés.Games, newspapers and a satellite TV are available in the lounge and there is free WiFi access at the 24-hour reception. A swimming pool and shopping centers are within a 15-minute walk. Car and bike rentals can be organized.Porto is 12 mi away and can be reached in 1 hour from Póvoa de Varzim Metro Station, which is 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Porto Airport is 25 minutes away by car or Metro.
- Excellent location for arriving and departing on the caminho as well as good restaurants for the evening.
- Cant beat the location. Next to the Grand Hotel and near the casino and good shopping
- If you doing the Camino then stay here the rooms have a bath to soak in. Best value restaurant a short hobble away. Ask at reception for the Estrela do Mar.
- Continental style buffet breakfast. Hotel just back from the sea front. Plenty of facilities nearby.
- Simple room, but you have everything you need, even ocean view like a bonus. Hotel is situated on walking fashion street with a lot of local shops and restaurants. Very comfortable bed.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Junqueira