The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel is an 18th-century hotel located in the center of Alresford, just 15 minutes drive from Winchester. It has a bar, 2 restaurant areas, and a lounge with free parking located at the rear of the hotelThe bedrooms all have tea/coffee making facilities, a flat-screen TV, hairdryer, with some rooms offering free Wi-Fi. One room is wheelchair friendly with twin beds and a wet room.The Watercress Room and the Dining Room are open 7 days per week from 07:30 offering breakfast, lunch and dinner for both residents and non residents. Guests are welcome to relax in the Cozy after dinner with a drink or a coffee.Alresford is well known for its Georgian architecture with riverside walks alongside the River Arle. The Watercress Steam Railway is one minute’s walk from the hotel.
- A lovely little hotel I have stayed in numerous times. They helped us arrange a familyDrinks and dinner reunion. The services as great and so was the food.The room was a bit small but I expected that. Super comfy bed. My only gripe is the church bell rings every hour. I am a light sleeper so I just take Advil PM or a sleeping pill! Fabu breakfast.
- Loved the room, shower, linen, breakfast and off road parking
- Sky TV in the bar was useful to have room was very quiet so will definately stay there again,..
- I am a previous customer and always have an enjoyable stay in the Swan.The location is great, Alresford is a lovely town and the atmosphere at Christmas makes it very special.The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast is tasty and provides a great start to the day.I stayed in a room at the front of the hotel , it was comfortable and quiet providing a restful nights sleep. It is smaller than the annexe rooms that are located in the car park but they are quieter if a function is taking place, I prefer the space so I would choose the annexe next time.The bar is usually busy but service is good with a good choice of beer and lager.Once again a great stay at the Swan and I look forward to returning soon.
- Lovely staff who were all very helpful and room was very comfy.
Watercress Lodges & Campsite
Located in New Alresford, 11 miles from Winchester, Watercress Lodges & Campsite has a garden and free WiFi.All units comprise a seating area with a sofa, a dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen with various cooking facilities, including a dishwasher, a microwave, a fridge and an oven. A patio with garden views is offered in every unit.A car rental service is available at the lodge, while hiking and cycling can be enjoyed nearby.Southampton is 23 miles from Watercress Lodges & Campsite, while Portsmouth is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 21 miles from the accommodation.
- Attention to detail. Christmas tree, well equipped kitchen, country accent, railway setup
- Self catering. Spacious accommodation with good appliances etc. Plenty of interest at the location.
- Good well appointed, lovely position and comfi beds
Lane End Cottage
Lane End Cottage is located in Ovington and offers a garden and a terrace. The accommodations is 6.8 mi from Winchester, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.Composed of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a shower, this country house comes with a flat-screen TV.Southampton is 19 mi from the country house, while Portsmouth is 28 mi away. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 12 mi from Lane End Cottage.
- Complimentary cake and biscuits, very Covid aware.
- Beautiful property and location. Very clean and comfortable. Incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful hosts. Perfect location. 10/10 will definitely book again…
- Beautiful location to escape to. Beautiful warm welcome with cake. Quintessentially British decor which makes you feel like royalty and Kevin and Jo cant do enough for you. Cant recommend this beautiful place enough
- Lovely cosy cottage in quiet location. New bathroom suite, nicely done out with good size shower cubicle. No kitchen reflected in price but they have added mini fridge and toaster, kettle, some cutlery/crockery which was helpful and worked for breakfast we just brought the food, although they put some milk in fridge. Bedrooms good size with wardrobe space. Pub The Bush Inn serving good food a few minutes walk away. Hosts very helpful clearly doing good job on cleaning hand sanitiser in every room too. Cake waiting for us on arrival too!
Yew Tree Cottage
Yew Tree Cottage is located in Cheriton. The accommodations is 8.1 mi from Winchester, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.This holiday home has 1 bedroom, a TV, and a kitchen.Southampton is 20 mi from the holiday home, while Portsmouth is 23 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 11 mi from Yew Tree Cottage.
- Very comfortable, spacious accommodation. Warm and welcoming. Comfy beds. Nicely decorated and appointed. Well thought out.
- The peace and quiet. The cottage was way bigger than we anticipated. Lovely hosts.
- Ruime woonkamer en slaapkamer. Locatie prima als startpunt voor wandelingen.
The Clock Tower
Located in Northington in the Hampshire region, The Clock Tower has a garden. The accommodations is 27 mi from Newbury, and guests benefit from private parking available on site and free WiFi.Boasting a DVD player, the holiday home has a kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave and a fridge, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath. For added convenience, the property can provide towels and bed linen for an extra charge.Southampton is 22 mi from the holiday home, while Winchester is 9.9 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton, 14 mi from The Clock Tower, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Top notch property with all amenities washer dryer, very comfortable bedding, etc and beautiful estate surroundings.
- The property is beautifully decorated. Its very comfortable and feels like a home away from home. It has pretty much everything you need. Beds are comfortable, duvets are great quality. The wood burner works, the kitchen is well equipped…Totally recommend.
- This property was just lovely in a beautiful location. Very clean and well furnished. Dedicated undercover parking space was a real bonus.
- Comfy beds. Gorgeous surroundings. Perfect place to relax.
- A very comfortable stay in lovely surroundings. The Grange estate is beautiful and we and our children really enjoyed our stay. The house is well kept and has very comfortable beds and bedding. The kitchen has all the utensils you could need.
The Plough Itchen Abbas
The Plow Itchen Abbas is a charming property with a riverside village setting, just 15 minutes’ drive from Winchester. This beautiful inn features a restaurant and bar.The Plow offers lovely bright rooms with stylish design. There is a flat-screen TV, free WiFi and tea and coffee-making facilities. Some rooms open onto a balcony.The Plow Itchen Abbas opens onto lovely gardens and you can dine out on the terrace.The village is set close to the River Itchen and offers easy access to pleasant countryside.The M3 Motorway is just over 3 miles from the property, while Southampton and the coast can be reached in less than half an hour by car.
- Food, both evening meal and breakfast were very good. Our room was spacious, well appointed and completely up to all Covid prevention standards. The staff were excellent and the pub atmosphere, both inside and in the beer garden was very good.
- Wonderful staff, very comfortable bed, super clean and great breakfast!
- This is a great pub to stay in and is easy to find. We had a large room with balcony and all the usual things like tea, coffee etc. A bonus was SKY TV. We had an evening meal in the pub restaurant which had a good selection of pub meals. these were good quality and well presented. Breakfast was excellent and so was the coffee.
- Staff were excellent, food outstanding, very clean and loved the old historic feel
- Very roomy, spacious and comfortable. Owners very pleasant and hospitable.
The Woolpack Inn
Set in a beautiful listed building, the 4-star Woolpack Inn has a creative restaurant and leafy beer garden. It sits in scenic Hampshire countryside, between Winchester and Basingstoke.The elegant rooms at Woolpack Inn have free Wi-Fi access and a flat-screen TV/DVD player. Most rooms have original features and garden views, and all offer a luxury bathroom and seating area.The stylish restaurant serves a modern British menu, featuring quality local produce and specialty Sunday lunches. Delicious cooked breakfasts are served daily, and the bar offers real ales and fine wines.Just a 30-minute drive from the magnificent New Forest National Park, The Woolpack Inn is a 10-minute drive from the M3 motorway. There is free on-site parking, and Southampton is a 30-minute drive away.
- The management team in the Woolpack deliver service excellence effortlessly. Highly recommended.
- Lovely country pub with excellent indoor outdoor dining arrangements. Super bedroom with decent sized fridge, real coffee chocolate truffles. Great choice of breakfast items beautifully cooked presented. Lovely staff.
- The location was ideal as we were attending opera a The Grange which is just over 1 mile away. The breakfast was super very nice local sausage and excellent black pudding.
- Great breakfast. And its location, in the middle of the countryside, is just perfect if youre looking for the great escape out of the city. We love the place!
- Cosy, immaculate, really friendly staff and delicious food! Comfortable warm rooms, would visit again.
Days Inn Winchester
On the highway M3 Southbound Services between junctions (exits) 8 and 9, Days Inn Winchester has free parking and a 24-hour front desk. The hotel is just 6 miles from Winchester, and 12 miles from Southampton.Free Wi-Fi is accessible in all rooms at Days Inn Winchester, which also feature a flat-screen TV, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer and alarm clock. Children under 12 years old can stay free at Days Inn.The nearby Costa Coffee, Burger King, and Eat and Drink Company provide guests with a wide range of dining options within the Moto Services Area.Winchester Cathedral and Winchester Train Station are a 30 minute-drive away, and Basingstoke can be reached in 20 minutes by car. Marwell Zoo is also within easy reach.
- Great value for money, good, comfortable amenities and friendly helpful staff.
- Very clean room and facilities and a very comfortable bed
- No issues except the hotel doesnt state it is in the motorway service not expect a turn off from the motorway
- The hotel facilities are fine but acceess location is quite difficult to get
- Due to the late arrival of the ferry from Jersey,we were very late arriving at the hotel. The staff were very friendly and cheerful and the administration was completed in quick time.
Holiday Inn Winchester
One of our top picks in Winchester. In the picturesque Hampshire countryside, Holiday Inn Winchester offers free parking, complimentary WiFi, and stylish rooms with power showers and luxury toiletries. Winchester town center is just 2 miles away.Modern and chic, the rooms at Holiday Inn Winchester all include an LCD satellite TV, luxury beds with a pillow menu, and adjustable desk areas. There is 24-hour room service.The Odyssey Restaurant, Bar and Pizzeria offers delicious food and has access onto a sunny terrace. The open lobby at Holiday Inn Winchester serves an all day dining menu and afternoon tea and the bar stocks an extensive range of drinks including cocktails.The ANA Spa is an adults only facility and offers a hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, sensory showers, relaxation room, spa lounge, gym, studio, mud rasul and five treatment rooms offering ELEMIS treatments. Access is chargeable and pre-booking is advised to avoid disappointment. Use of the state of the art gym is included complimentary for all hotel guests.Located in South Downs National Park, this Holiday Inn has good access to both the M3 motorway and A34.
- Good breakfast, staff friendliness, great Wifi and a clean comfortable room. A little bit expensive compared to alternative when considering the location.
- Welcoming and warm atmosphere even when we arrived after midnight, with bright lights, bar still open and friendly staff to check us in.
- nice big rooms , friendly staff and a very good breakfast
- High quality and comfort of arcthitecture inside and out.
- Stayed for a wedding, the venue, Staff hotel was amazing.
Set in Preston Candover in the Hampshire region, Gibson’s Hut is a 5-star property boasting free WiFi. The accommodations is 25 mi from Reading.The holiday home includes 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom with a bath or shower, a seating area, and a kitchen with a fridge.Guests at Gibson’s Hut can enjoy cycling nearby, or make the most of the garden.Southampton is 25 mi from the accommodations, while Portsmouth is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Southampton Airport, 18 mi from Gibson’s Hut.
No reviews yet.
Looking for: Best Hotels in New Alresford