The Royal Hotel
One of our top picks in Oban. Just 1,650 feet from Oban Railway Station and Oban Ferry Terminal, The Royal Hotel offers rooms with attached bathroom, free WiFi and limited free parking.Rooms at the Royal Hotel have traditional decor, many with tartan furnishings or curtains. Some rooms have sea views and all rooms have a TV and private bathroom.The hotel was built in 1895 and the restaurant retains its high ceilings and large windows with views of the town. The bar and lounge serve light meals and a full Scottish breakfast and have coal fires. Evening entertainment includes classic Scottish tunes.Close to the port, the Royal Hotel Oban offers easy access the Islands of Mull and Iona and there are beaches within 15 minutes’ drive. The Oban Distillery and the War and Peace Museum are within 10 minutes’ walk.
No reviews yet.
A Victorian Hotel built between 1865 and 1901, the Columba Hotel overlooks the town of Oban and Oban Bay. It has a 24-hour front desk, a traditional restaurant and 2 bars.The rooms at the Columba have an private bathroom and a hairdryer. Many rooms have sea views and others look out over the wooded hillside.The property’s Bar Rio is a traditional Italian bistro, which serves coffee and cocktails, as well as children’s meals. Guests can watch Sky sports on the projector screen in the bar. Takeaway meals are also available.The Oban Distillery, which was built in 1794, is a 5-minute walk from the Columba Hotel. Oban Rail Station can also be reached in 5 minutes on foot.
- Superb location, room had amazing sea views. Staff very helpful, even providing a vase for flowers we had bought. Good value for money. Hotel even had a few free car parking spaces.
- Great property and location, friendly staff, lovely buffet breakfast, great meal in bar Rio. Will definitely be back.
- Our room overlooked the harbor and was very clean and modern.
- Perfect location in quaint town. Friendly staff and clean updated rooms, good breakfast too!
- Excellent location to walk to restaurants and Oban Distillery. Love the towel warmer.
Muthu Alexandra Hotel
One of our top picks in Oban. Located on the Corran Esplanade with panoramic views of Oban Bay and the island of Kerrera, Muthu Alexandra Hotel is less than a mile from McCaig’s Tower. Guests can enjoy the property’s bar. Free WiFi and free private parking are available at the property.Every room is equipped with private bathrooms with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Guests will find a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities in their room. Hot chocolate and cookies are provided in the room.Guests can access the Isle of Mull and Tiree from the ferry terminal, located 1 miles from Muthu Alexandra Hotel. Dunollie Museum, Castle and Grounds is less than a mile from the property.The nearest airport is Glasgow Airport, 88 miles from Muthu Alexandra Hotel. Oban rail station is half a mile away.
- The food was still very good and well presented. We had an executive double room which was very spacious with a good seaview. The staff were helpful and pleasant. All current regulations being adhered to, including cleanliness, sanitizers, wearing of masks and social distance
- Big room and shower room. Stunning location and great staff. You wont regret.
- Rooms slightly old fashioned but comfortable. Excellent cooked breakfast.
- The location of the Hotel was on the seafront, which was perfect. The staff were fantastic, always ready to help. The breakfast and the evening meals were great, served up piping hot what it should be and not lukewarm and on hot plates. Our room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend this place
- Spacious dining room, good food, excellent service from non Scottish staff, efficient reception staff, clean hotel from top to bottom. Room was comfortable and warm all the time. Stunning views from lounge and dining room.
One of our top picks in Oban. With a traditional bar and restaurant, The Scot offers continental breakfasts and free Wi-Fi. Located in Oban center, the hotel is a 2-minute walk from the seafront and Oban Ferry Terminal.Stylishly decorated with modern furniture and wooden flooring, the rooms at The Scot have private bathrooms with free toiletries. Rooms also feature a flat-screen TV/DVD player.Generous continental breakfasts are served daily.Guests can relax in the modern lounge bar after a long day of exploring Oban.Located on George Street, with its lively shops and restaurants, The Scot is just a 5-minute walk from North Pier. Glencruitten Golf Club is a mile away, and Oban Railway Station is a 10-minute walk.
- Our bedrooms and bathrooms were great. The location was fantastic.
- Good location, clean rooms, and excellent staff. Recommend staying here if in Oban.
- Excellent location,allowing you to walk every where in Oban.The bathrooms are a little small but very clean rooms with comfortable beds,breakfast is excellent.
- Location was great. Easy to walk to any of the places we wanted to go. The bed was one of the best we slept in the entire trip. The room was just big enough to not feel too small. The breakfast was very good, and had lots of options.
- Very good location. A good breakfast was include and they provided gluten free toast they did not have it the first day but did get some for the rest of our stay. The room was nice. Oban is was one of our favorite stops on our 3 week trip.
The family-run Lancaster Hotel is right next to St Columba’s Cathedral and has a view of Oban Bay. Built in 1850, it offers a swimming pool, snacks, meals and lounge areas.From the front rooms you can look down the Firth of Lorne, almost all the way to Easdale and across to Lismore, Ardnamurchan and Mull. Each room at Lancaster Hotel has a TV and tea/coffee making facilities.In the morning, a breakfast is served in the dining room with breathtaking views which include the island of Kerrera with the distant peaks of Mull in the background. Breakfast can be eaten in the rooms and hot snacks include macaroni cheese and lamb hotpot.The indoor swimming pool is 40 foot long and other leisure facilities include a steam room and a sauna. The bar has darts, a pool table, dominoes, cards, a TV and a jukebox.Oban Rail Station and Oban Ferry Terminal are only 5 minutes’ drive from the Lancaster. There is free parking at the property.
No reviews yet.
Falls of Lora Hotel
Overlooking Loch Etive, the Falls of Lora Hotel is a 19th century property with an a la carte restaurant, there is free WiFi access available throughout , a bar and free on-site parking. Oban Airport is 4 minutes’ drive away and the resort town of Oban is 5 miles away.Each room at the Falls of Lora Hotel includes a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom and a hairdryer. Extras include ironing facilities and tea and coffee making facilities.The unique Cocktail Bar features an open log fire and a selection of over 100 malt whiskeys.At Falls of Lora Hotel other facilities offered include meeting facilities and a garden.From the property, Dunstaffnage Castle and Oban Distillery are a 9-minute journey by car. Fearnoch Forest is a 6-minute drive away and McCaig’s Tower is 11 minutes’ drive away.
- Had the small cabin room but was excellent value for price
- Considering the times we live in now ,breakfast was excellent
- Got a free upgrade on arrival. Away for work couldnt ask for better.
- They were able to accommodate 3 of us and a little dog. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very pleasant.
- Rooms were small BUT we went for the economic ones. Im sure the higher priced rooms were quite a bit different. Rest of accommodations were above average.
The Perle Oban Hotel & Spa
Built in the late 1800s, The Perle Oban Hotel & Spa is an iconic, historic building on Oban’s seafront. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Oban Railway Station and the Cal Mac ferry terminal. Guests can relax at the spa place, which creates an escape from everyday life.Many rooms at The Perle come with views looking onto Oban Bay and the mountains of Mull, Ardgour and Kerrera. All rooms feature Bose sound systems, Nespresso coffee machines, flat-screen TV and free WiFi. The bathroom includes bathrobes, slippers and luxurious toiletries.The Michelin awarded on-site restaurant offers grilled dishes and local Scottish seafood with vegetarian / vegan options.The bar offers cakes, pastries and barista style coffee all day. In the evening guests can enjoy cocktails and Scottish spirits.The hotel is located a minute’s walk from Oban Whiskey Distillery which offers tours. You can enjoy Argyll and the nearby Isles’ beautiful scenery, castles and coastline.The North Pier car park is open 24 hours a day and is just a 2-minute drive from the hotel.
- Wonderful hotel, comfortable and stylish and located right on the harbor front. The staff were so helpful and friendly, and we really enjoyed our stay. There is a great restaurant with a mezze menu and a nice bar/cafe . Oban is a lovely town too, with lots to do and see.
- Very helpful and patient front desk staff. Lovely room, comfortable bed.
- Our room was located on the second floor. A lift is available, so no problem with luggage. We had requested a sea view room. It did not disappoint. Lovely views across the harbour and bay Isle of Mull in the distance. Nice to watch the various boats coming and going. A large bar on the ground floor and East European/Mediterranean restuarant both good. Room was large, decent wardrobe with hangers and a well appointed bathroom great shower.
- Taking Covid precautions very seriously! We felt very safe
- What a spectacular place to stay! The hotel was immaculate and the staff was beyond compare! The front desk staff was amazing, and a special shout out to Nickie and Eilidh. The they made the stay extra special!! We were treated like family here! The location was perfect as well close to train and ferry.
The Ranald Hotel
Located less than 10 minutes’ walk from Oban’s famous McCaig’s Tower, The Ranald Hotel is set in the heart of Oban town center and just off the main esplanade.Free Wi-Fi, an en suite shower room and a flat-screen TV are featured in each room at The Ranald, as well as iPhone docking stations and tea/coffee making facilities.Freshly brewed coffee, warm Scottish pancakes and baked eggs are served at breakfast, as well as smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels.Scenic wildlife cruises can be taken from opposite the Oban War & Peace Museum, which is a 5-minute drive away. Diving, fishing and kayaking can also be enjoyed in the local area, and Dunollie House and Castle are just 1.3 miles away.
- Great value for money, tidy, well equipped room, comfortable, friendly and helpful staff. Great location minutes walk from the heart of Oban at the harbour/esplanade. Would definitely stay again
- Great location. Comfortable bed, pillows and towels. Very clean.
- Fantastic place, lovely staff and the baked eggs are genius.
- Convenient location with clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was very good.
- Easy walk from train staton. Desk attendant was very helpful and the place was clean and very adequate.
The Great Western Hotel
Ideally located in the center of the esplanade in Oban, The Great Western Hotel offers magnificent views of the bay, free Wi-Fi in public areas and en suite guest rooms. There is also a restaurant, a bar and 24-hour front desk.Each of the rooms at The Great Western Hotel features a TV, a desk and tea/coffee making facilities.Entertainment is provided every day of the week. Guests can also enjoy fantastic views of the bay and Kerrara Island from the 2 large lounge areas. Packed lunches are available upon request.Local shops are found just a mere 10-minute stroll away. Oban Rail Station and ferry terminal are also within the same distance. There are 2 golf courses less than 2 miles away. Popular activities in the area include country walks, angling, sailing, diving and bird-watching.
- Nice big room which seems to have been recently redecorated
- Warm friendly welcome from staff.The hotel was aged elegance which we loved.Breakfast was excellent , with great service from staff , dinner was very good and great value. Relaxed friendly bar good atmosphere , would come back again soon .
- Everything from start of our trip to end food was excellent staff very friendly
- The restaurant staff rate of work and attention was outstanding and the Chefs continuous refreshing of hot breakfast items and standard of meals was excellent. There was an air of genuine care and concern from all of the hotel staff even those under training strived for perfection.
- Great location, staff were very nice my room was lovely with a sea view. Breakfast was brilliant.
The Kelvin Hotel
One of our top picks in Oban. Set in the center of Oban, ideal for Argyll and the Islands, this small Scottish hotel is one of the town’s oldest buildings and comes with free WiFi and a cozy lounge. It offers views of the harbor and the ferry terminal.All rooms here are functionally-furnished and come with a flat-screen TV with Freeview channels, as well as coffee and tea making facilities. They are all en-suite and provided with a hairdryer and towels. Complimentary water is offered in the rooms.A Grade B listed building, Kelvin Hotel is within easy reach of excellent transport links and of the main landmarks of the town. The ferry terminal and the bus/train stations are reachable within less than 5 minutes on foot.Guests have a choice of restaurants and pubs within walking distance. A grocery store is less than 1,300 feet away.The nearest airport is Glasgow Airport, 89 mi away.
- Good location. Good room. Good owner who likes to talk.
- Very easy check in, clean comfortable rooms, easy walk to town, great bar to chill in with the whole family before going out for dinner, with a friendly dog that sat on my lap in the bar, not my room, haha. Very happy with this choice.
- Everything. We had a fantastic time. Will definitely be back.
- The toilet would take a long while to flush in between use. The ferry was loud outside our window, but the location and parking availability were fantastic!
- Comfortable, older place. Not shabby although no high pressure chic either!We enjoyed the spacious room and high standards given to cleanliness and comfortable bed.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Oban