Cantinho das Buganvilias AT****
Perched on the mountains of São Jorge Island, Cantinho offers a furnished terrace with an infinity pool and a hot tub. It offers luxurious, air-conditioned apartments with a private patio.The colorful apartments include a fully equipped kitchenette and a dining area. Each has a separate seating area with a flat-screen TV. Some have floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the islands of Pico and Faial.Activities include nature walks and diving. Relaxing massage treatments are also available in the wellness center.São Jorge Island Airport and Velas city center are within a 10-minute drive. A free airport shuttle is available.The hotel offers free private parking on site.
- The view to the ocean and the town was amazing! It was so great to wake up every morning to this beautiful view. The staff were nice and helpful and the villa was spacious and modernly decorated. Overall it is a great place to stay!
- This is a very nice boutique property that is between a hotel and a condominium complex. There are about 3 units per building and each unit is quite private. The unit was clean, spacious and comfortable. There are multiple sliding glass doors in the units, which allows capturing the cool ocean breeze. There is an onsite restaurant that was wonderful and provided the best meals we had in the Azores. The staff was extremely helpful, spending quite a while getting us a rental car on Sao Jorge.
- The breakfast every morning was perfect and we enjoyed eating on the veranda beautiful view. The property was clean, the apartments were beautiful and spacious, and the staff was great. They were able to accommodate a family dinner in the restaurant delicious! for 25 on our last night there which was very special. Thank you Cantinho for making my first trip back in 23 years so wonderful!
- The room/cabin was excellent, modern, with a beautiful view, great for taking pictures and instantly felt like we had found a real gem of a place. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the whole property was very clean. The pool area is stunning, with an amazing view of the town of Velas and on a clear day a spectacular view of Pico . Overall the atmosphere is wonderful and a great central point to travel from to visit all of Sao Jorge. It is a fast drive to Velas. The air conditioning was a great bonus! We really loved the place and would definitely come back. The good definitely out weighed the bad.
- Beautiful architecture and views were unsurpassed. We had apart 1A, with unobstructed views of ocean, Pico volcano and the town of Velas.The chef owner was very engaging. Prepared a special meal for us as they were featuring Brazil night with only meat, as we eat only fish, he made us the freshest most delicious tuna and local clams. Wonderful.
Varandas do Basalto
Located in Queimada, 9.9 mi from Calheta, Varandas do Basalto features a garden and free WiFi.The apartment provides guests with a patio, garden views, a seating area, cable flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, and a shared bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. An oven, a stovetop and toaster are also offered, as well as a kettle.Varandas do Basalto offers a terrace.
No reviews yet.
Hotel os Moinhos
Os Moinhos is located in São Jorge Island, with views over the highest mountain in Portugal, sited in nearby Pico Island. The unit includes a garden and an à la carte restaurant.The rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV, a hot tub and a seating area. Private bathrooms also come with free toiletries and towels. Guests can enjoy a sea view and a mountain view from all the rooms. Extras include free WiFi.Guests can enjoy traditional Portuguese meals in the unit’s à la carte restaurant Fornos de Lava. Each morning breakfast is served in the common meal area. The nearest restaurant is 50 feet away. Room breakfast is available, upon request and at an extra fee.The harbor, with boat connections to the other islands in the Azores, is a 7-minute drive away. It is a 6-minute drive from the Velas center. The São Jorge Airfield is a 4-minute drive away from the Os Moinhos.
- Hotel is Moinhos is absolutely charming and the most authentic Azores experience one could ever hope for. Laticia and Rodrigo are extremely hardworking and go out of their way to ensure you have the best stay. My wife and I visited for our honeymoon and will be back we loved everything.
- Very quaint and charming experience with exceptional view of Mt Pico. The owner Leticia and her staff are very kind and helpful. I love Sao Jorge Island.
- Spacious lodging, beautiful natural setting, felt like a village
- The house was really nice and clean, and only 10 minutes from Velas, the restaurant was really nice too.
- Liticia was such a wonderful hostess and she made our stay so comfortable and welcoming. She also helped us understand cultural differences about the island and made great recommendations about what to see and when. I cant wait to go back and Ill be staying there!
Aldeia da Encosta
Overlooking the village of Velas, Casa Da Encosta is located in the São Jorge island in the Azores archipelago. It offers accommodations for 4 people and panoramic views of the Pico across the sea.This holiday home includes a double bedroom and a twin bedroom. The living room features sofas and a TV. The kitchen opens to a dining area and the bathroom includes a bidet, a bath and a shower.Guests can prepare their own meals since the kitchen is equipped with a stove, an oven, a refrigerator, a microwave and other modern appliances. In addition guests can visit the center of the village of Velas 2,300 feet away and try the restaurants available.At Velas guests will also find a market, bars and natural pools. From Velas, guests can also travel by boat and visit the other islands of the archipelago. São Jorge Airport is 3 mi away.
- Everything was clean and the hosts were very helpful.
- The view was incomparable. Amazing. Gisela was attentive and friendly.
- The view from the cottage was outstanding! Looking down on Velas harbor and the island of Pico across the ocean with its dramatic volcano. We enjoyed the peace and only listening to birds. Gisela is an excellent host and her cottage was well equipped clean.
- Gisela is kind and attentive, the house is spotless and very wellequipped, and the views are heartbreakingly beautiful. The hill is big and steep but worth every step, and everything in Velas is close by 510 minute walk. A very relaxing and comfortable place to stay!
- Good location. Perfect views of Velas and surrounding areas. Good wifi.
Hotel Sao Jorge Garden
This hotel is 650 feet from the shopping area of Velas and 0.6 mi from the harbor. It features a terrace overlooking the garden, the outdoor pool, and the Atlantic Ocean.São Jorge Garden Hotel‘s rooms are decorated in neutral colors and have wooden furniture. Each of the air-conditioned rooms has a balcony overlooking the garden and the ocean.The breakfast room offers panoramic views, and the breakfast buffet includes a wide variety of fruits, cereals, and regional biscuits. The bar serves refreshing drinks.The Sao Jorge Garden Hotel has an outdoor sea water pool, with separate areas designated for adults and children. Guests can relax on the sun loungers by the pool, and enjoy the views of the Pico and Faial islands.The hotel offers free public parking on site and a car rental service. São Jorge Airport is 4.3 mi away and an airport shuttle is available.
- Very friendly and attentive staff, beautiful park and oceanfront terrace, awesome view of Pico island.
- We only stayed one night here.The pool area and grounds are beautiful! They should a restaurant/bar during the day … rooms are clean and comfy. Its no Azor hotel but the small islands dont really have 5 star quality. They have a shuttle service to the airport you need to reserve that for 6 euros each. Staff were great! Thanks for a nice time.
- The hotel room was spotless. The soap and the shampoo and conditioner was really good. The view was spectacular. Wifi was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
- Location is great. Rooms were large and clean. View is awesome.
- The view is charming for all rooms palm trees and the yard around the pool, the sea and Pico mountain in the background. Breakfast was really good especially the variety for preparing the oatmeal. The staff was very friendly and even allowed us a late checkout.
Located in Velas, 14 mi from Calheta, Hospedaria Australia provides a bar and free WiFi.The bed and breakfast offers a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and shower.Hospedaria Australia offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Guests can also relax in the shared lounge area.
- The location of this property is very convenient, just two steps away from everything in Velas well, the town is small. I was given a goodsized, easily accessible room with a private bathroom and absolutely all necessary amenities, all very nice and clean the bed was especially comfortable. Good breakfast. When leaving, I forgot the charging unit for my phone in the room so the owner quickly brought it to the airport it was such a nice gesture that I really cannot help but be amazed at the friendliness of the Sao Jorge people Extremely happy about my visit. A highly recommendable establishment.
- The room was exceptionally quiet breakfast was fine. And the staff was very very helpful.
- Simple, fresh food. Close to everything. Friendly, helpful owners.
- very nice location restaurants/ bars nearby beautiful village with a very nice bathing place, a big shop, nice and friendly people quiet room to the patio
- We loved the location right in the center of the city. The room was clean and the bathroom was new. We liked the quite.
Intact Farm Resort
One of our top picks in Velas. Offering a barbecue and views of the sea, Saint Jorge Farm and Bungalows is located in Velas. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Saint Jorge Farm and Bungalows features free WiFi .An array of activities are offered in the area, such as fishing and hiking. São Jorge Airfield is 1.9 mi from the property and the island’s ferry pier, offering connections to other islands of the Azores, is a 12-minute drive away.
- We chose this property mostly for its views, and they were even better than expected luckily, the weather was mostly clear for our 5 days in early December, so views of Pico were outstanding. The location of our bungalow also gave us superb views of So Jorges coastline and the hills above.The bungalows may be basic in some respects, but they had what we needed. The washing machine was a real bonus. Filipe went out of his way to make us feel welcome, including showing us quickly around the town of Urzelina next door, and recommending many highlights of the island. All was excellent advice. The fresh buns delivered by Filipe each morning, as well as the gifted fig jam and local cheese, were a very nice touch.
- It was a great location with view of the sea! Fresh bread each morning. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
- The view and each bungalow having privacy. Seeing Pico on the other side was breathtaking. Felipe was such a nice and friendly man too. They gave us so many tips on the island from what to see to where to eat. We will be back!
- Felipe and his staff were amazing! They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and even helped my parents located some friends of theirs on the island. We only stayed three nights and I cant wait to go back for a longer stay. Sitting on the balcony of the bungalow is like being in paradise. I cant recommend this place enough!
- Everything was perfect. Loved our stay and would definitely come back.
Make it Happen Farm
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Make it Happen Farm offers accommodations in Urzelina. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some rooms have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find free shuttle service at the property.An array of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking. The farm stay also offers bike hire. Horta is 28 mi from Make it Happen Farm, while Pontas Negras is 16 mi from the property. The nearest airport is São Jorge Airport, 2.2 mi from Make it Happen Farm.
- This place was just as described from the quaint little farm to the cozy accommodations. We felt right at home on Miguels farm, who provided us with great recommendations and was available by text if ever we needed anything. The views were incredible and right on the other side of the farm was a little private beach. Fresh bred and homemade jams awaited us every morning as well as eggs, veggies and herbs from the farm. We loved our stay and cant wait to come back. Thank you!
- great farm with the very attentive owners. Miguel showed us around and answered all our questions.
- Waking up with Pico just in front of you. Lnia, Miguel and Pipoca just make you feel at home.
- Miguel has created a gorgeous set of rooms and stunning public space. Every touch is thoughtfully done. And with the fresh produce from the farm and daily free fresh bread, you can feed yourself wonderfully, too. Location excellent for exploring Sao Jorge.
- Make it happen is a wonderful place!! We really enjoyed our stay! The farm is magical, the cottages are perfect and very comfortable and the beach down the hill is stunning and really great to explore. The hosts were so warm and welcoming and helpful. And waking up to freshly cooked bread and fresh fruit and veggies from the farm….. heaven. We cant wait to go back! Highly recommend. Stay here!!
Quinta Do Canavial
One of our top picks in Velas. Quinta Do Canavial is located in São Jorge Island and features sweeping views over the green areas of the island and of the Atlantic Ocean. The unit includes an outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant.Each room comes with a balcony and a private bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms have an ocean view and free WiFi access.Guests may enjoy regional dishes in the property’s in house restaurant. A bar, where refreshing drinks are served is also available. The unit is sited in Velas, 2,650 feet from the center and its several restaurant options.At Quinta Do Canavial guests will find a shared lounge area, a games room and a luggage storage. An array of activities can be enjoyed in the surroundings, including hiking.The São Jorge Airfield is 4 mi away from Quinta Do Canavial. 1.2 mi from the unit is the harbor with boat connections to other Azorean islands, such as Pico Island, which features an airport.
- Maria and Eleuterio were amazing. Also, the view is from another world
- The location is stunning, the hosts are kind and helpful and enthusiastic, the breakfast is nice, the rooms are quaint and the grounds are awesome for relaxing! Loved it here and hope to return. Thank you!
- The hostess was very nice and the location was amazing.
- Loved the location, great room, and magnificent views from the property, very hospitable owners with great recommendations on activities in the area or on the island.
- Maria, the host, gave us a warmth welcome on our arrival, served us some coffee and was very helpful during our stay. She even drove us to a restaurant in the city of Velhas as we did not have a car, and offered to drive us back after our dinner. The hotel is charming, surrounded by nature and has a stunning view over the ocean. The room was very clean, the bed is comfortable. Excellent breakfast is served in the morning in the main dining area from which you have a fantastic view on Faial and Pico. Ideally located, Velhas is only 1015 minutes away by foot.
Casa da Ermida
Casa da Ermida is located in Ribeira do Nabo, right in the center of S. Jorge Island, Azores. Featuring characteristic architecture, this unit offers free WiFi acess and private parking.Each air-conditioned room at Casa da Ermida includes a LCD TV. The private bathroom has a shower and free toiletries.A breakfast buffet is served daily and a fully equipped kitchen, with a retro fridge, is available for guests’ use. Guests can relax with a book in the living room with sofas and exposed stone walls.S. Jorge Airdrome is 3 minutes away, and Pico Island is located across the sea. Calheta Beach is 20 minutes’ driving from Casa da Ermida.
- Clean, nice designed and on the top of all that the view of mountain pico!
- Everything! The house is wonderful! We were so lucky to have all the house for ourselves, and it was amazing. Its the perfect place to come with friends and enjoy the island life. The structure is really beautiful, perfectly equipped and with quality materials. My room had the bathroom of my dreams! Also the exterior is really well equipped, with oven and barbeque and a big table for dining.
- O Sr. Carlos foi absolutamente amoroso! Serviunos um excelente pequeno almoo. O quarto era quente e bem equipado e a casa tambm
- Bijzonder mooi en goed uitgerust huis. Tot onze verbazing hadden wij het hele huis tot onze beschikking. Prima keuken, mooi uitzicht op Pico. Beste locatie die wij hadden.
- Excelente acolhimento e pequeno almoo fantstico. Alm do fantstico pequeno almoo, o Senhor carlos ainda vos d as melhores dicas para visitar a ilha. A casa muito bonita, sala e cozinha muito confortveis. Localizao central na ilha,
Looking for: Best Hotels in Queimada