Crowne Plaza Stratford-upon-Avon, an IHG Hotel
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. Crowne Plaza Stratford-upon-Avon is a riverside hotel near Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon town center. The hotel offers modern rooms, a heated swimming pool and a riverside terrace. Stratford-upon-Avon Train Station is just 1 miles away.The hotel’s 259 rooms offer views of the river and garden. Each room has a work space and free WiFi. Executive rooms provide guests with bathrobes and a mini-bar.You can work out in the hotel’s leisure club and gym or unwind in the sauna and heated indoor swimming pool. Enjoy lunch and dinner at the Riverside Restaurant or relax with a drink or light bite to eat in the Terrace Lounge and Bar or on the heated Terrace. Children aged 12 years and younger eat for free. There are a variety of breakfast options available at the breakfast buffet which offers both hot and cold options.There are 14 meeting rooms with the largest room having a capacity of up to 550 people. The hotel has photocopying facilities.The hotel is a 5-minute stroll along the River Avon to the Royal Shakespeare Company and The Swan Theater. This hotel is set in landscaped gardens beside the River Avon, 26.5 miles from Birmingham Airport and a 10-minute drive from the M40 motorway. There’s on-site car parking and the town center is a 2-minute walk away.
- Lovely location, right in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, breakfast was of a good standard and plenty to choose from, would definitely book again
- The staff were fantastic nothing was too much trouble the room was comfortable and very clean location was perfect for going about Stratford my wife and I had a very comfortable relaxed experience thank you to all at crown plaza
- Fab bfast great staff ,early check in , nothing bad to say .
- Everything about the hotel was brilliant , very clean hotel ,great service , lovely breakfast ,good location ,the grounds were amazing with brilliant views this is 5 ..
- Spotless,clean safe hotel,best breakfast Ive ever had in a hotel in uk.
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. With a spa, the Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa has an award-winning restaurant and gardens and terrace. The River Avon is 1,300 feet away and Stratford-Upon-Avon is a 5-minute walk.The rooms all feature a modern bathroom, tea and coffee facilities, and a flat-screen TV. Many rooms have original period features and all have a work desk. Free WiFi access is available throughout the hotel, powered by the Cloud.The Manor Restaurant serves a creative menu using fresh local produce, and the modern bar is stocked with quality whiskeys and fine wines. Blue Lounge offers morning coffee and afternoon teas.The timber-framed Tudor building is surrounded by peaceful grounds, said to have held the first performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. There is also a spa with a swimming pool, gym, sauna and beauty center.The property has invested a significant amount in its modern meeting and business facilities, as well as the bar, lounge and public areas.Just a few minutes’ walk from The Royal Shakespeare Company, Macdonald Alveston Manor is a 10-minute walk from Anne Hathaway’s Cottage. Historical Warwick is a 20-minute drive away.
- Hotel in perfect location, staff very friendly and helpful, room excellent with lots of space and everything you would need, food very good and breakfast exceptional, lots of places to sit both inside and outside without feeling too close to other guests, covid measures obvious and followed.
- great location to the main town centre, room was great, good size for two people, lots of choice for breakfast, didnt get to use all the facilities. Would certainly recommend it as a place to stay.
- Breakfast very good good for social distancing. Excellent choice. Very good location for walking into Stratford
- Staff were great very friendly and helpful food was really good the hotel is stunning and location is perfect for butterfly farm or walking into town
- Only stayed one night with breakfast whilst on way elsewhere. All good, considering restrictions re Coronavirus. Booked to stay again in few weeks time.
Swan’s Nest Hotel
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. Overlooking the RSC Theater, the 17th-century riverside Swan’s Nest hotel has parking and a bar. The town center is a 5-minute walk away and the rail station is 15 minutes’ walk from the building.Le Bistrot Pierre offers French cuisine and a superb river view, while The Bear Bar and Kitchen serves traditional English dishes. Guests can also relax in the courtyard garden at Swan’s Nest.The spacious rooms all have a 26-inch Freeview LCD TV, a walk-in monsoon shower and free mineral water. Many rooms also feature scenic views of the hotel’s garden.There is public parking onsite for an extra cost.
- Really nice breakfast room and the staff were extremely friendly.
- Great location, lovely breakfast and good sized suite with separate sitting room
- Fantastic location right on the river, staff very helpful, comfy pet friendly room would stay here again.
- Good central location, nice room and felt safe staying there
- Lovely hotel, inter connecting rooms to our Teenagers, Dog Friendly.Great location and Fabulous Breakfast!
Mercure Stratford Upon Avon Shakespeare Hotel
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. This picturesque 17th-century inn is located in Stratford-upon-Avon, 10 minutes’ walk from the rail station. The Shakespeare Hotel offers 4-star accommodations, free Wi-Fi and charming rooms.The hotel is just 1,050 feet from Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Schoolrooms, New Place, the RSC theater and local shops.It is just a 5-minute walk to the High Street, with its theater, shops and restaurants. Limited chargeable parking spaces are available in the on-site car park.
- Easy check in, staff helpful, lovely comfortable 6ft bed
- Location. Price. Parking on site. Breakfast. Covid planning. Staff.
- Right in the center so perfect for sightseeing. Excellent room and facilities. We stayed in privilege room. Bed was enormous. Car park was expensive and only allowed to park there until 12 the next day which was a sham, but lots of other car parks around. Very atmospheric hotel.
- Great location. Quirky hotel and if its oldie world youre after then this is the place for you but the bathroom is very clean and modern. If you want glass and all modern buildings this is not for you. Bar and lounge areas lovely and great place to have a relaxing nightcap by the fire.
- Masks are to be worn in all public areas. Great location and friendly staff.
Hotel Indigo – Stratford Upon Avon, an IHG Hotel
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. The central 4-star Hotel Indigo – Stratford Upon Avon is a 5-minute walk from the Royal Shakespeare Theater in Stratford-Upon-Avon. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout all areas of the hotel.All rooms at this property are nonsmoking and have flat screen TVs, tea/coffee making facilities and offer free WiFi. A 24-hour room service is also available.The property’s The Woodsman restaurant features a menu using sustainable and locally sourced produce.Hotel Indigo – Stratford Upon Avon has a great location in the center of this picturesque town. A wide range of restaurants, pubs, shops and historic Shakespearean sites are just a couple of minutes’ walk away.
- Great location. Super restaurant. Great outside space
- Breakfast was ok but nothing special and I havent yet received my invoice via email as promised.
- Well appointed, good sized room and very comfortable bed, with very little noise from other rooms even though the hotel was busy. And the location was superb!
- First off, the staff who checked us in who was the same person who checked us out was extremely accommodating and friendly. I appreciate his help however unfortunately, I forgot his name. Location of the hotel is perfect, its walking distance to just about everywhere youd like to go to in Stratford. The rooms were spacious, clean, welldesigned and most importantly the shower has a strong water pressure. Covid19 protocols are strictly adhered to and they also give free hand sanitisers to their guests which smelled so good. We had an amazing stay!
- We stayed here 4 years ago when it was The Falcon while searching for houses to move into the area and came back to stay our last night in the same hotel while our house got packed up. The Falcon is now Hotel Indigo, completely remodeled to very high standards. We stayed in the room with the king bed in modern wing. Its beautifully decorated, high quality upholstery, spacious and all amenities desired in a boutique hotel everything in the fridge was free of charge. Check in with Nico was welcoming, warm and attentious. Breakfast was fab with hot and cold choices. The hotel retained the beautiful historic section as a sitting area, a true gem. After living in StratforduponAvon for 4 years, can guarantee that this is the best location in town near the RSC, river, shops, restaurants, Shakespeares birthplace, etc. Everything was perfect and hope to comeback.
DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. In the heart of historic Stratford-upon-Avon, the award-winning The DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom is a boutique hotel that offers rooms with a plasma TV. It is just 10 minutes’ walk from the Royal Shakespeare Theater.The 4-star bedrooms have thick duvets, tea and coffee facilities, free WiFi and a power shower. All rooms have stylish, modern décor, and each features air-conditioning and a fridge.Quills Restaurant serves seasonal menus using fresh produce, and offers special pre-theater dining. The elegant bar offers beverages and snacks, and a breakfast buffet is available daily.DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom is within an hour’s drive of The Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. Junction 15 of the M40 is a 5-minute drive away, and Stratford-upon-Avon Railway Station is a short walk away.
- Everything but the deal was accomplishedgreat staff, location, etc.!
- Excellent staff and service makes you feel valued.
- The staff were outstanding, the room was lovely especially the very comfy bed, the breakfast was great and the hotel is in a great location for the town centre.
- Proximity to the rail station was a plus. Breakfast was fabulous, many choices. Staff was very accommodating.
- This was a clean nicely updated hotel with helpful staff. Its a well located hotel right next to the train station yet a short walk to town for many restaurants.
Hotel Du Vin Stratford
Hotel Du Vin Stratford is attractively located in Stratford-upon-Avon, and features a bar, free WiFi and on-site dining. Around a 6-minute walk from Royal Shakespeare Company, the property is also close to Royal Shakespeare Theater. Local points of interest like Mary Ardens House and Swan Theater are reachable within 1,000 feet and 1,650 feet, respectively.At the hotel, the rooms include a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. Every room includes a private bathroom with a bath or shower and luxury toiletries are provided.Guests at Hotel Du Vin Stratford can enjoy a continental breakfast. The restaurant offers French cuisine with private dining rooms also available. The hotel dates back to 1798 and retains some of the original features.The reception can provide advice on the area in order to help guests plan their day.Stratford upon Avon College is 1640 feet from the accommodations, while Anne Hathaways Cottage is a 16-minute walk from the property. The nearest airport is Birmingham Airport, 18 mi from the property.
- Friendly, helpful staff, room and bed comfortable.
- Spacious room with a balcony and comfortable bathroom. The bed was super comfortable and the linen was fresh and crisp. The restaurant was great and the staff were charming.
- As usual this chain was exceptional, cleanliness tip top and unlike ALL other hotels ramping prices up as terrible service blaming covid which their all doing this place just gets the job done as usual no matter what, no excuses just tip top in every way so while Uk getting ripped off here and in every hotel I would only use this chain after 4 failures this week alone in cotswolds and dogs welcomed unlike others that give the a shed at the end of the garden with pets this place perfect
- The room was lovely and very comfortable and warm, and the staff were very friendly and nice. I loved the decorate and the little details like the room names relating to wine.
- pretty much everything very comfortable bed and room
The Welcombe Hotel, BW Premier Collection
One of our top picks in Stratford-upon-Avon. The Welcombe Hotel; Best Western Premier Collection features an 18 hole, par 70 golf course. Located on the outskirts of the beautiful town of Stratford upon Avon, just 5 minutes from the M40. Complimentary parking is provided.The Welcombe spa has been upgraded in 2018. Improvements to the state of the art spa have included a newly tiled swimming pool, a new sauna, refurbished steam room, new relaxation loungers around the spa and the redecoration of the spa treatment rooms (advance booking recommended). Tennis courts are also on offer.Built in 1866, the 4-star hotel has had a £2.5 million refurbishment and features an impressive lounge, with a large marble fireplace, chandeliers and period furniture. It also has a Green Tourism Award.With air conditioning, the spacious rooms at the hotel are decorated in modern colors and feature TVs with Sky Sports. Rooms also include a work desk, tea and coffee-making facilities and bathrooms with a bath, shower and hairdryer.The Welcombe Hotel; Best Western Premier Collection is 2 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, which features many tourist attractions including the Royal Shakespeare Company and Stratford Racecourse.
- The apartment and breakfast were comfortable and delicious. The WiFi was also great. I was a little worried at first since I saw a few reviewers mentioned the Internet was slow, but I had no problem with it at all.
- Aging grand hotel fine if you have a car. Not close enough to town to walk. Nothing within easy walking distance. Free parking. Nice garden.
- Beautiful building and gardens. Easy walk into town 2025 mins through countryside and quiet roads. Excellent facilities inc spa and nearby golf course. Unexpectedly lovely suite!
- The view from the dining room was exquisite. That and the architecture and surrounding fields were worth the trip.
- Beautiful estate. The apartment was great for us with kids.
The Arden Hotel Stratford – Eden Hotel Collection
Located opposite the Royal Shakespeare Company Theater, The Arden Hotel offers free private parking and luxury marble bathrooms, with a central location in historical Stratford-upon-Avon. The property is part of the Eden Hotel Collection which has been awarded AA Small Hotel Group of the Year 2014 – 2015.All of the refurbished rooms feature modern private bathrooms, flat-screen TVs and tea and coffee making facilities. Luxury bathrobes and free designer toiletries are also provided. Some rooms have scenic views of the River Avon.The stylish No.44 restaurant serves fresh and creative dishes, while the contemporary Champagne Bar offers classic cocktails in sophisticated surroundings. The exclusive Club Bar features a private riverside terrace, and serves a light menu.The Arden Hotel has a guest lounge with comfy sofas and an open fireplace, and there is also a garden with a terrace. Free Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the hotel, and a 24-hour reception service is also available.Located on the banks of the River Avon, The Arden Hotel is just 2 minutes’ walk from The Falstaffs Experience. The Church of the Holy Trinity, Shakespeare’s resting place, is 5 minutes’ walk away. Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse is just 1 miles away.
- The room was a perfect size with a big bed and big bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful and I would recommend a stay here as it is in a prime location and its lovely and comfortable.
- I have been visiting Stratford upon Avon for nearly 50 years and have stayed in many hotels and bbs there. The Arden is undoubtedly the best hotel in Stratford I have ever stayed in. The room was fantastic, the location unbeatable and the staff were so helpful and friendly. From the night watchman to the reception staff, they were above and beyond in their service.
- The first hotel I have stayed in where youre given fresh milk in the fridge rather than those horrible little UHT packs of milk.
- Excellent, good choice and selection. All Staff friendly and helpful. Location good opposite the RSC theatre. Good river walkto Shakespears church. Lots of shops and restaurants just round the corner. Craft Fair opposite was there on the 2 days we stayed. I would say perfect location. We will try other hotels in the group.
- The location is perfect across the street from the Royal Theatre on the Avon with parking. We had the best meal of our trip in the restaurant. Extras in the room were terrific.
Pen and Parchment by Greene King Inns
Set in Stratford-upon-Avon, Pen and Parchment offers a terrace and free WiFi. Just a 5-min walk to the Shakespeare’s Birthplace, the property features a pub.At the Hotel, rooms are equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom, fitted with a bath or a shower, and a hairdryer.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available every morning at Pen and Parchment.Royal Shakespeare Theater is a 4-minute walk from the accommodations, while Anne Hathaways Cottage is 1.4 mi. Birmingham Airport is 24 mi from the property.
- The location was amazing. check in was easy.staff was friendly room was clean
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean comfortable and practical bedrooms. Mattress a little hard.Amazing breakfast and pub food.
- Friendly and competent staff, fun atmosphere with a band playing on Friday night until closing time. Lovely wobbly floors! The building shows its age.
- Location excellent. Bathroom is of a very high spec.
- Breakfast was excellent, in the pub lounge.cooked vegetarian breakfastRoom was spacious and spotless. Window could be opened for extra ventilation. I could just see the tower of the RSC theatre from the window!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon